Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Oct. 21st, 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

2. alexjlow

Regular

Too excited to jump into JEW today. It sounds like everything I wanted and more from the singles and should soundtrack this Fall beautifully.

I am also excited to check out Dan Layus' (basically Augustana) debut solo record today. Worth checking out if you're into country or anything like that.

Will also look into American Football for sure.

3. dee

I can feel the butterflies.

Oh my god. This JEW record though. I agree with the post above, it is everything I wanted and more. Feels similar to when I listened to Copeland's Ixora for the first time.

Also, Pass the Baby turned out to be AMAZING. Sounds like JEW meets Brand New to me.

Such a solid band it's crazy.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Eric

Regular

Jeff Rosenstock came out last Friday lol.

I'm only really interested in Kevin Devine & the new Hurry EP this week

5. Casanova Frankenstein

Night Riots' new album Love Gloom is out today. Their band name used to be PK. Highly recommended.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Will be picking up JEW, Saint Motel and Night Riot's new albums. Gonna be the start of a great fall.

7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Saw this band at Firefly festival this past summer and fell in love. Didn't know the new album was out today, thanks for the head's up!

8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I guess Lady Gaga and Korn for me? I'm not the biggest JEW or Kevin Devine guy, but I'm sure I'll give those a spin too.

9. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

What a great day! Jeff Rosenstock and Kevin Devine are the winners for me.

Jimmy Eat World is solid and a pleasant surprise. I hadn't listened to them in maybe ten years, so I didn't know what to expect.

Im still waiting for American Football to click with me.

10. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

American Football
    Jimmy Eat World
    Weyes Blood
    Radio Dept
    Saint Motel
    Night Riots
    Gaga

11. jorbjorb

7 rings

it's all about jew today

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  12. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Agnes Obel - 'Citizen of Glass'

Probably will check out the new AF and Jimmy Eat world albums over the weekend too

13. New Wovenwar is out today!

Hilarious. Did anyone else hear about this? I really enjoyed the first album, but man has this release seemingly flown under everyone's radar. Too bad, I suppose.

I already have my American Football preorder, so I'll buy JEW and probably Leonard Cohen when I go to the record store after work today.

carlosonthedrums and Davjs like this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

I'll be the one guy getting the new KoRn today :-) Singles have been the best stuff they have put out in about a decade.

Of course, their debut is so good.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  15. JM95 Oct 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 21, 2016)
    JM95

Trusted

I'll have a listen to the Korn album.

I think I'm hearing a different JEW record to everyone else on here. It sounds very unremarkable to me and a million miles away from their best stuff.

16. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Almost forgot it was Friday until I hit the forums haha. Last night was huge for me and I'm still digesting those records but there's a few this week I'll add to this list.

Jimmy Eat World
    Kevin Devine
    American Football
    I Prevail

17. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Night Riots has a great debut album releasing today, very excited to hear Planes Mistaken for Stars as well. Korn always piques my interest for about 10 mins.

18. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

It's not groundbreaking... but i think half the album is some of the best stuff they've released since futures.

19. John Zafran Oct 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 21, 2016)
    John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

JEW, Saint Motel and Night Riot's new album

also everyone check out the new tooth and nail band, Civilian. great record

and the singer of neon trees solo album!! Tyler Glenn

20. Lol that Safe To Say record came out months ago. Pumped to spend more time with Jimmy and NxWorries today!

21. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Band is terrific. It's a bit of a bummer that they haven't blown up in their scene considering who the members in the band are as well as their level of talent. Really looking forward to diving into this new one.

Davjs and Chase Tremaine like this.
  22. Ditto

23. American Football and Jimmy Eat World are all I need this fall/winter

24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Lol yeah I noticed that too. It's reminding me to revisit it. Been awhile since I listened to it. I'm seeing them with Citizen in December should be a good show.

25. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

Jeff Rosenstock was last week, and it's awesome.

Today is for Jimmy Eat World and nothing else.