Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Integrity Blues (Encore Episode 135)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

This week’s episode of Encore sees the return of special guest Craig Manning as we do a deep dive on the upcoming Jimmy Eat World album, Integrity Blues. The album comes out today, October 21st, and we talk about our history with the band, their catalog, and then go track-by-track through the new album to give our thoughts on the entire thing.

Hosts + More

Subscribe

You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via any podcast player using our RSS feed, on SoundCloud, via Overcast, in Google Play, or on Stitcher. You can also find all of our previous episodes archived on our podcast page, iTunes, or on SoundCloud.

If you have any follow-up, questions, or a topic you’d like us to cover on a future episode, please send a tweet using the hashtag #askEncore. If you’d like to follow this podcast on Twitter we are at @encorepodcast. We love hearing from listeners and are always looking for topics both big and small to tackle. So, let us know!

If you like the podcast, could you please rate and review us on iTunes? It really does help. If you’re using the great podcast player Overcast, please hit the “recommended” button on the episodes you like. And if you have any friends that you think would like our podcast, please let them know! Word of mouth and telling people about this podcast will always be the best thing you can do to help us out. We really appreciate it.

Information about sponsoring our podcast can be found on this page, and if you become a member you get episodes a day early along with a bunch of other perks.

2. efp722

Regular

I am loving these deep dives. Please, Craig and Jason, keep doing them. Go back and pick some of your favorite albums from the past and do some deep dives on them.

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

great episode.

thanks guys

4. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Yeah, I think these album deep dives are awesome. This is the third one that's been done, right? From what I recall, the first was No Closer to Heaven with Jason & Thomas and the second and third were Yellowcard and now the new Jimmy Eat World album with Jason & Craig. Not sure if there were any prior to the NCTH one.

I actually haven't listened to the new Jimmy Eat World yet with the exception of the pre-released singles. I want to listen to that today prior to listening to the podcast. I don't want to be influenced by Jason and Craig too much!

5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

There are a bunch of old ones as well. The 1975 debut, Get Hurt, a couple others maybe.

bachna84 likes this.
  6. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

I started listening to the podcast about a year and a half ago and I haven't really listened to many of the older episodes. I'll have to check those out.

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Wooo, thanks for listening all.

LosManosFuertes and Toner like this.
  8. Tommy72

YES! Can't wait to listen.

Don't be jealous but I'm in Mesa, AZ right now and about to see them play an acoustic set followed by the record release party tomorrow :scream:

9. atlastitsok

Regular

Damnit man - no idea this was happening or I would have headed out there.

Tommy72 and Jason Tate like this.
  10. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

I really enjoyed this episode, thanks! This album blew me away- I think it might be my favorite Jimmy Eat World album to date, It's a masterpiece! Also my 2nd favorite release this year right under "Stay Gold" by Butch Walker.

Craig Manning likes this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Will listen to this later. Unfortunately the record bores me to tears, which as a huge Jimmy Eat World fan really bums me out.

12. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

Got my record today! Will give it a few spins before I listen to it, but *very* excited to listen to this episode!

13. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

We've got the same top 2.

Derek Wright likes this.
  14. CMilliken

Trusted

Great episode. Really enjoy these in depths.

15. tomahawk Oct 24, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 24, 2016)
    tomahawk

Great run down through the album.

My Jimmy Eat World album ranks:
    1. Chase This Light
    2. Futures
    3. Invented
    4. Bleed American
    5. Integrity Blues (could see it jumping Invented)
    6. Clarity
    7. Damages (literally only listened to this once or twice though)