Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Call it Quits

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Wow, again? I dug their last record too.

Davjs likes this.
  3. devenstonow

Noobie

sounds bitter

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  4. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Ah that sucks.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

noooooooooooooo, and yikes @ "locked out of all social media"

6. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

This fucking band. I love them so much, but I wish they could keep it together. It kills me that they're going out exactly the same way as last time, by dropping a bunch of (really amazing!) demos and disappearing.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. delvec19

Trusted

Thanks for "What It Is To Burn". Never could get into anything else. But that album was a pure staple of the early 00's punk/emo/post-hardcore scene.

8. Cornerb0y

Load"*",8,1

Such a shame. I don't think they are coming back after this one. I fucking love this band to death, but I don't think they can connect musically anymore. I think that's part of the reason Randy left mid tour last year. I just don't think his heart was in it anymore. I do enjoy all their current projects though, and can't wait to blast the demos when I get off work tonight.

mattylikesfilms and Davjs like this.
  9. RIP

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Sadly I think this is probably the final end of the band. It's a shame, but at least we got what we did from them. Nate taking a shot at the new band's name in his statement, and saying he was locked out of all their social media, doesn't lead me to believe it was an amicable breakup.

JamesMichael and mattylikesfilms like this.
  11. Ryan Oct 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 20, 2016)
    Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Also 9 demos ? The quality on these are really good, he basically just gave us a record

aoftbsten, mattylikesfilms and Davjs like this.
  12. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Not surprising. Probably why most of the members wanted to start that band with Buddy from Senses Fail.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that's the reason cuz he makes a clear jab at "Speak the Truth..."He's probably upset that the rest of the guys were too focused on that project than Finch.

13. ibanez966

Digging these demos more than I did their latest album. Hopefully he releases them somewhere in higher quality than YouTube.

14. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I can wait 6 years until What it is to Burn XX.

15. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

RIP

16. Nick Martin

There are no answers. Only choices.

Damn. I was hoping to hear more from Finch in the not-too-distant future. These demos will have to suffice, I guess.

Anyone know what Randy's up to now? I thought he was a part of "Speak the Truth..." but that doesn't appear to be the case.

17. Cornerb0y

Load"*",8,1

He started a Shoegaze band called Haunted Houses. They released 1 track then went silent. I think he may just be spending time with his wife.

EDIT: Looking Backwards, by Haunted Houses

18. ibanez966

If you want to archive these demos for educational purposes, you can use this page:

YouTube Info

You'll want to download the top link from the bottom table.

19. ibanez966

Oh sweet he did this with Jamison Covington! I still spin the JamisonParker album

20. testtime

Regular

What It Is To Burn has always been a favorite. But I havent liked a single song they've done/released since that album. I'm okay with them calling it quits.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  21. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Sad to see them end this way... again. I still love WIITB.

22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

damn that's really too bad

23. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't even know they we're still active, I enjoyed WIITB back in the day. In 2008ish I saw them with Bless The Fall, Of Mice &Men and Drop Dead Gorgeous, Finch was headlining but almost everybody left after BTF so myself and seven other people watched them. I had a great time, just felt sorry for them.

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This sucks but I saw it coming once R2K bounced. Also HOLY HELL THESE DEMOS SOUND AMAZING. Truly breaks my heart they will never be properly released. Hopefully Nate uploads these songs on Soundcloud and make them downloadable or something.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I went ahead and ripped the songs myself cause these demos sound better than all of Oblivion (a record I enjoyed mostly but didn't love like SHTS or even World of Violence demos). MP3fiber ya'all.

Anyways, this is their third break up so I guess that's why its the easiest to swallow. Still sucks hardcore though. I love Nate as a vocalist but can never get into his other musical endeavors aside from Cosmonaut.

Davjs likes this.