Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Ties for Most Added at Alternative Radio

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Delysid

Regular

That seemed to take a while...

3. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Man this song woulda done so well if it had been pushed through the Summer with a well done video to go with it.

Blink's new album isn't really Autumny.

Kuri44 likes this.
  4. Fox83

Trusted

I'm not sure why it took them this long to release a 2nd single. Bored To Death was released in April...

5. aniafc

Trusted

Yeah this seems like a really poor time to release it to radio. I would have thought a summer release right in the middle of their tour would have been better but hey, what do we know?

6. ianzandi

Regular

This song will do super well no matter what. It's very catchy

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Should've been "Sober".

This song is really catchy too though.

pbueddi and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  8. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Agreed. Though maybe Sober will be the third single.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I would've went with Los Angeles as the 2nd single in August. That would've been a sports anthem with the Rams coming back.

Kuri44 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  10. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

That's a good point—how is this not the theme song for the Rams? Good opportunity for the band to make a million or so.

11. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Someone dropped the ball on that one. I could've seen that song being the same as Fall Out Boy's My Songs as the most annoying sports song of the summer/fall.

Kuri44 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  12. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Yeah, even though it's my least favorite song on the album, "Los Angeles" in the late summer/fall then "Sober" release come winter to promote the deluxe edition re-release of the album would have been my pitch. Songs sound more in line with "Bored to Death" IMO.

13. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Superb choice for the next single. Interested to see the music video.

14. Nick Martin

There are no answers. Only choices.

I agree with others in that the release of "She's Out Of Her Mind" seems out of place for this time of the year. Los Angeles would have been a decent single (hopefully, it still will be).

On a personal note, I would love to see them release "The Only Thing That Matters" as a single.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  15. RoKKeR

The Fly

Song is great, will probably get a good amount of radio play. Chorus is huge.

Loving this Blink comeback.

16. Turkeylegz

Trusted

And the Dodgers playoff run! Not that they could have predicted that.
    Also, they need to save sober for the summer. That has huge crossover potential.

17. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Oh man, so many better options. Like the song, but they have about ten choices that would be better.

18. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

And again, song I don't really care for. Lyrics are ace. Matt Skiba is my god, but I'm enjoying the new album by The Sums(anyone get that? lol), and shockingly Green Day much more. I didn't think they had RR in them anymore.

19. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

why is left alone not a single?! it's such a jam!

Nick Martin likes this.
  20. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

This one is actually one of my favorites off the album, I agree with this decision

21. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Blink-182 is the definitive "weak singles, kickass rest of the album" band. Well, at least since Enema. Best song on there was Going Away to College, best on TOYPAJ was "Give Me One Good Reason", best on S/T was "Stockholm Syndrome" the dueling vocals are some of Blink's best, and on Neighbourhoods it was "Kaleidoscope" or "Natives". Still processing the new album, but I always go back "Los Angeles".

22. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Cool lyrics, they apply to my life and probably all of ours haha

23. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I actually have nothing to complain about. The song is catchy as fuck and I enjoy it. Should do well regardless of season.

24. Felix Fidelis Oct 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 19, 2016)
    Felix Fidelis

It's all rock & roll.

Great choice for a single, though there are a lot of great contenders on the album. Kind of wish they released it earlier, though. Not because of the season, but it felt like Bored to Death was the only single for a while there.

25. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

I didn't love this album. But damn, if I didn't love those melodies on this song:
    "She's a-a-a-antisocial, a-a-a-antisocial, and-and-and she's an angel, yeah!"