Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI Begin Teasing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Nice! Burials was solid. Definitely anticipating this.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. ManBearPuig

Love AFI and Burials was good but it didn't have any staying power beyond the first few weeks.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

liked burials a lot aside from a couple stinkers. i felt like STS and DU were a good pair, as were CL and Burials, so i wouldn't be surprised to hear another change.

5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Did they sign to Hopeless or something?

6. Wow. Totally forgot that there's an AFI album I never listened to. Last thing I listened to was, uhhhh, Crash Love? Yeah? I should give Burial a much overdo listen.

ABrandNewFireInside likes this.
  7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

It's gud.

8. waterloobeam and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Honestly didn't expect new AFI anytime soon but very stoked for this

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  11. celluloid dreams

Regular

[​IMG]

12. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

So excited, I'm a die hard fan but did not like Burials, and positively adore "Crash Love". It sounds and feels towering. Very, very curious to see where Davey and co. decide to go from here. Because it WILL be different, it's AFI! Blaqk Audio's new album is excellent, and their live show is as good as AFI's. I have a successful electronic project I started purely after being enchanted by BA's set, they inspired me that much.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  13. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

celluloid dreams likes this.
  14. gbuffers

England.

I'm hopelessly waiting for an announcement

15. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Love this band. Burials was awesome. If they continue down the path they were taking they are on the right track for sure.

16. skaorsk8

Can we please focus on the Davey/Tony Kanal/Adrian Young/Tom Dumont album? What's the status on that project?

truelovewaits and JamesMichael like this.
  17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Looking forward to some new music!

JamesMichael likes this.
  18. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

The video looks like its using the Decemberunderground colour scheme, 10 year tour maybe?

19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah I actually love Crash Love. Burials wasn't bad at all to me but I struggle to remember how most of the songs go on there. Mostly found it very forgettable.

20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Bleed black?

21. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

The way this was worded makes me think they've signed to Hopeless Records. We shall wait and see.

22. DallasSF

That'd be cool, but it's a new record.

skurt likes this.
  23. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Hopefully both

ConArdist likes this.
  24. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Completely agree, Burials was...weird. I think the song was called "Wild", where Jade literally programmed Western and ray-gun sounds into it. Cool...but didn't fit. And the singles, I'm with you, can't even remember 'em. Speaking of Crash Love, that had some of the best b-sides of any album I've heard IMHO.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  25. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

It still kills me I never saw "emo as all hell"-era AFI live. Loved Davey's crazy aesthetic!