Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Manchester Orchestra is an American indie rock band from Atlanta, Georgia, formed in 2004. The group is composed of rhythm guitarist-singer-songwriter Andy Hull, lead guitarist Robert McDowell, keyboardist/percussionist Chris Freeman, bassist Andy Prince and drummer Tim Very. Former drummer Jeremiah Edmond parted ways with the band in January 2010 to focus on his family and on running the band's record label, Favorite Gentlemen. The band's original bassist, Jonathan Corley, parted ways with the band in 2013.

They have released several extended plays and five studio albums: I'm Like a Virgin Losing a Child (2006), Mean Everything to Nothing (2009), Simple Math (2011), Cope (2014), and Hope (2014). They are signed to independent record label Favorite Gentlemen Recordings, which is distributed through Sony Music Entertainment.

2. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I love this band so much.

bonie, teebs41 and h8bit like this.
  3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Andy Hull is my musical hero.

teebs41 and Snewt like this.
  4. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Lol just saw this for the first time.

teebs41 and phillyfradet like this.
  5. phaynes1

Regular

They're so cheesy but I still love them

6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Brenden and KennedyBN like this.
  7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Apparently there's a new RAGC album on tour right now

8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

O rly?!

9. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

He's been tweeting recently about a live album, I'm assuming that's what it is.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

There is most definitely a new RAGC! live album. I bought it tonight. Excited to listen on the way home! Nathan Hussey is currently killing it. This is such a great tour.

Gjpeace, teebs41 and Snewt like this.
  11. atticusfinch

Andy Hull closed out the show tonight with Badges and Badges, Colly Strings, After the Scripture and Play it Again, Sam.

Other highlights were I was a cage, devil dressed in blue, we were made out of lightning, down to your soul, and I'm not ready to forgive you.

He also played several MO songs, such as Wolves as Night and I Can Feel Your Pain.

Great set in Charlotte.

Jason Tate, DejaMoi and Snewt like this.
  12. T.J.

music and baseball.

atticusfinch likes this.
  13. atticusfinch

In ten years, I have never seen him play Badges. It was glorious.

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The church of the good thief just finally clicked and wow it's amazing when it does. I didn't like it that much when it first came out

T.J., atticusfinch and KennedyBN like this.
  15. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

He's selling the live album? Ugh, I NEED it.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I spent an unreal amount of time with I'm Like A Virgin Losing A Child in the beginning of the year. It's my favorite from them now.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. atticusfinch

Yep - it's $10 and tour only CD for now. 18 tracks, all RAGC! From all 3 of the main trilogy albums. It's from a 2012 recording at the knitting factory in Brooklyn.

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Is there any suggestion it will be available for everyone else after the tour? The UK needs to hear this, even if it's just a download!!

19. atticusfinch

From Andy's Twitter:

Getting in RAGC LIVE CDs for the solo tour. Small little batch but they look incredible thanks to cheese freeman.

Sounds like tour only for now :(

20. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Anybody have a picture of the CD?

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm getting one on Friday will post

Gjpeace and KennedyBN like this.
  22. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Yeah, that sounds incredible. I'd already seen his posts on Instagram and all that, so I knew vague details about it. Unfortunately, the tour isn't coming near me, really.

teebs41 likes this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Picked up the cd, it's mixed extremely well for a live album. The highlights here are definitely the reworkings of the early songs. His voice sounds great on those especially.

24. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

25. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter