Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cartel Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Cartel is an American pop punk band from Conyers, Georgia that formed in 2003.[1] The group was featured on the MTV television series Band in a Bubble in 2007 as part of an experiment where they were given 20 days to write and record a full album. The current members of the band include vocalist/bassist Will Pugh, lead guitarist Joseph Pepper, guitarist Nic Hudson, and drummer Kevin Sanders.

2. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Best band that did this sound. Sucks that the bubble screwed them.

3. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

Listening to Chroma and loving Will's melodies. that dude has a fucking hell of a voice. I really really hope they release a new album sometime, I absolutely loved Collider.

summertimejesus likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I actually love Collider and Cycles, both I think are a bit overlooked because of s/t's failure

5. bobby_runs

@irthesteve Did you listen to the podcast Will did a couple weeks ago. It's nice and sheds some light onto the troubles from the bubble

6. irthesteve

I did not! But now I am interested, what podcast was it on?

7. bobby_runs

8. irthesteve

Oh wow, there are a ton of other episodes that I'd be interested in checking out as well, thanks!

9. bobby_runs

Shane isn't the best host but the guests usually overcome that.

10. irthesteve

Cool deal, I'll at least check out the Will one

11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Love Cartel and really like Lead Singer Syndrome. I actually really dig Shane as a host because he doesn't really dance around anything. He is just having a conversation. Especially the early episodes where they were just recorded conversations that were edited into podcast episodes. My biggest gripe is that I don't enjoy every band, but I still enjoy the dialogue and learning about the pasts for some of these people.

12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Chroma is a classic. I had such high expectations for them after that album, it's a shame they've never been able to deliver.

13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I thought that EP they released was pretty good...but I also haven't listened to it in a longgg time. I guess it just didn't hold up.

14. Listened to Chroma today. That album was a game-changer. Still holds it own today.

15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Cycle's sound is so weird. Those drums sound so shitty. But I do love Collider!

BlackwingE likes this.
  16. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I actually love the S/t album.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Self-titled is still my favourite within their discography. Wonderful record.

18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Perfect time of year to start listening to Chroma again.

19. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

good call

20. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Chroma will always be their magnum opus, but the Self-Titled really is a criminally underrated, misunderstood album.

The sequence of "Georgia," "If You Do, If You Don't," and "Lonely One" is flawless.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Chroma is a classic. But I love Collider. I think that album is so good. It's like if Cartel and The Starting Line wrote an album together.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  22. May revisit Collider at some point, but it did absolutely nothing for me when it came out. I liked the In Stereo EP a lot though!

GEM37 likes this.
  23. irthesteve

Let's do this.

Chroma > Cycles > Collider > Cartel

24. Chroma > Cartel >>>>> Cycles > Collider

25. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Chroma > In Stereo > Cartel > Collider/Cycles = ALL PRETTY GOOD