Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Maroon 5 – “Don’t Wanna Know” (feat. Kendrick Lamar)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Fox83

Trusted

Is this for a new album? I remember reading that they were going back to a more rock sound for their next one. Either plans changed or this is a one-off release.

3. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

@Jason Tate can I request that when you embed a song that you embed a YouTube clip or some other free platform so I don't need to search to check things out? Apple's clearly your preferred streaming platform, but if a song's on Apple, odds are it's elsewhere, too.. and EVERYONE has access to YouTube.

Capiche?
    [​IMG]

skoopy and Fox83 like this.
  4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

spencpants likes this.
  5. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Damn was hoping for more It Won't Be Soon Before Long.

6. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Possible the label wanted one or two big radio songs too.

7. Excuse me...how did I miss this new post! Whooooo whoooooo Kendrick yeah!!!

Okay, I'll listen now to see if I deserve to be this excited.

8. Fox83 Oct 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 12, 2016)
    Fox83

Trusted

I get that, but if they were truly going back to a Jane-era sound, this would be a glaring disruption to that, so I have to believe they are moving forward with the sound we've heard from them over their past few albums. Then again, their guitarist did say that they'd be releasing a new single "between albums" -- so maybe this is a one-off single? And he said they MIGHT be going back to Songs About Jane vibes for the new album, but they don't really know until they're in the studio of course. So, I guess I read into it wrong around last month or whatever:

James Valentine: Maroon 5’s New Album Could Sound Like ‘Songs About Jane’

"He then went on to add that the band has discussed a more “organic, back to a Songs About Jane sort of approach” to the record, meaning less synth and more rock."

“But we’ll have to see,” Valentine warned. “We don’t ever really know until we get into the studio and we kind of just have to follow what everybody’s interested in.”

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  9. Ehhh. It's fiiiiine.

Just fine.

Doesn't hold a candle to "I Don't Wanna Know" by Barry Manilow.

10. That's my favorite album by them, although I'm in the minority that thinks Hands All Over is nearly as great.

11. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Mine too, such a great album! I dig Hands All Over too. Both easily my favourites in their catalog.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  12. We are kindred spirits!

JamesMichael likes this.