Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It’s Been 15 Years Since the ‘Scrubs’ Pilot Aired

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Scrubs went on the air on October 2nd, 2001, so it’s now been 15 years since the pilot. MoviePilot looks at what the cast has been doing since the show left us in 2010:

Now fifteen years since the first episode aired, the cast and the world look very different. iPods are smaller, Britney traded in her snake for a show in Vegas and Blink 182 are apparently still going, but inspiring infinitely less hoodie-wearing devotees. With such a colossal amount of change taking place over the past decade and a half, it’s high time we caught up with the cast of our most beloved medical dramady to discover what they’ve been up to since Scrubs flatlined back in 2010.

Sidebar: Based on the size of the crowds at Blink’s current tour, I think they’re doing just fine.

2. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I don't think any show has ever been able to inspire more punches to the gut that make me teary eyed, mere moments after a goofy, borderline over the top storyline than this one. This show was basically perfect.

3. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Scrubs ended with the 8th season.

4. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Also, probably my favourite TV show of all time.

SteveD likes this.
  5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Scrubs was amazing, but like many, ran too long. The first few season of this show are gold

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  6. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Still my favorite show of all-time.

The potshot at blink is weird though lol

SteveD likes this.
  7. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

love this show to death. although the first few episodes are kind of awkward / hard to get through as the show stumbled a bit to find its groove / have great JD lines and a good balance between serious and goofy

Dirty Sanchez and SteveD like this.
  8. SteveD Oct 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 6, 2016)
    SteveD

You Are (Not) your Faulty Pieces

Hands down my favorite show ever. The Dr. Cox/Ben episode is probably my favorite episode of anything ever. It’s perfect. Though the show went WAY over the top around season 5 then brought things together and ended the show PERFECTLY with season 8. The ending of Scrubs is monumentally incredible and beautiful. Season 9 doesn’t exist.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

my favorite tv show of all time. been watching since 07

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Disappointed there is no mention of the best character. [​IMG]

11. stuckinvhs Oct 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2016)
    stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Can still binge on this show like no other.

doubledribble and AshlandATeam like this.
  12. Bill Lawrence once responded to me on Twitter that he agrees.

mercury, simplejack, Fox83 and 5 others like this.
  13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Spencer Rhoton likes this.
  14. Moviepilot always has such terrible journalism

15. doubledribble

Regular

Rewatch this show at least 3 times per year... and that's probably underestimating...

16. Nick Martin

There are no answers. Only choices.

The closing scene with Peter Gabriel's cover of "The Book of Love" is damn near perfect. All the feels.

SteveD and PandaBear! like this.
  17. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

One of the greatest comedies of all-time. I still vividly remember how much I was crying at the end montage mentioned in the comment above. Also remember crying at a couple other parts too.
    Was this even a comedy?! :crylaugh:

18. doubledribble

Regular

I would have watched this

19. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I've been bouncing around the series, watching favourite episodes here and there from throughout its run (meaning mostly episodes from seasons 1-4, a few from 5 and 6) and realized I never watched season 8 again after it aired, so I'm slowly working through that again. Even though the show ended up getting quite a following after it reached syndication, I still think it's one of the most underrated comedies ever made. And it's a shame that John C. McGinley never got any awards recognition for playing Dr. Cox - that's a career-defining role if there ever was one.

20. theredline

Trusted Supporter

LOVE that guy! Amazing!!!!

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Easily my favourite show ever.

22. SteveD

You Are (Not) your Faulty Pieces

The millisecond when JD starts the “It’s never good to live in the past” monologue and then Book Of Love kicks in I collapse into a ball of emotion. I just disintegrate into tears. It’s beautiful.

Also I hate that my autocorrect autocorrected Dr. Cox into Dr. Cow, how embarrassing.

23. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Among my favorite shows ever.

24. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I'm just about to finish a rewatch of 30 Rock; perhaps a Scrubs rewatch shall follow!

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  25. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Literally on the last few episodes of 30 Rock now as well. My wife had never seen it, and I couldn't let that injustice stand.