Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer Stream New Song “Fake Smiles and Nervous Laughter”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Weezer will be releasing a new deluxe issue of The White Album. It will be out this Friday, October 7th, and comes with four new songs. One of those new songs, “Fake Smiles and Nervous Laughter” can be be streamed on Apple Music.

Track Listing

1. California Kids
    2. Wind in Our Sails
    3. Thank God for Girls
    4. (Girl We Got A) Good Thing
    5. Do You Wanna Get High?
    6. King of the World
    7. Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori
    8. LA Girlz
    9. Jacked Up
    10. Endless Bummer
    11. I Love the USA
    12. Jacked Up (Remix) feat. Pussy Riot’s Nadya Tolokno and Fitz and the Tantrums’ Michael Fitzpatrick)
    13. Friend of a Friend
    14. Fake Smiles and Nervous Laughter

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Why bother putting out a deluxe edition if it's not even complete! They're missing the Japanese bonus track ("Prom Girls"). Also, this band is LONG overdue for some sort of odds and sodds collection. I understand they're now on a different label so that is probably unlikely but taking a look at all their Geffen albums, there are probably 13-14 tracks they could put on this (yes, even the lamer than lame Raditude bonus tracks).

3. efp722

Regular

This album is already fantastic. Interested in seeing if this helps make it better or worse.

4. Walkabout

Regular

Death To False Metal is a b-sides and re-recorded rarities collection

Essie, Dan O'Neill and CMilliken like this.
  5. Eric Oct 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2016)
    Eric

Regular

What the hell? Album hasn't even been out for a year

6. Phil507

Yes but it's not complete. It's more of a "selected" collection.

7. AshlandATeam

Trusted

This song is fantastic. Just classic fuzzy pop-rock with awkward lyrics Weezer. Kinda bummed that we've had one of the new songs for awhile, but I won't complain about more music from one of my favorite bands being out there.

8. ianzandi

Regular

One of my fav albums this year. Been playing it all summer. Stoked for all the new Weezer I can get

AshlandATeam likes this.
  9. Weezer17

cheap marketing ploy. An album out less than a year, and they all of a sudden have 4 new songs? Lame! Still want to hear them tho lol

10. Dan O'Neill

Regular

This song is catchy as hell. I'm glad I ordered the wavves split. :)

11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Jacked Up shot up to one of my favorite Weezer songs, so I'm interested to hear that remix.

Mr. Serotonin and Dan O'Neill like this.
  12. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Why would they put Raditude bonus tracks, which are on the deluxe edition of that album, on the re-release of a totally seperate album?

13. Phil507

Not suggesting they put the Raditude bonus tracks on the white album deluxe. I was merely suggesting that this band has a ton of odds and ends (b-sides, bonus tracks, etc.) that would make for a great compilation. The green album era alone probably has a full album worth of b-sides.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  14. Dan O'Neill

Regular

The first time I heard "Jacked Up," I thought it was real weird. It's quickly grown on me though. :)

15. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Real catchy, I like it!

16. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Even Rise Records doesn't put out deluxe versions THAT quickly!

Eric likes this.