Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 With the BBC Philharmonic

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Uk only :/

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  3. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

The whole set is on YouTube, unless it was taken down for copyright since last night. Beautiful performance, and they debuted all the instrumental tracks off the new record.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Seriously, if you don't realize this band is special, I don't know what to think.

JulieLynn and Jason Tate like this.
  5. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

seeing them end of october. stoked

7. heymattrick

Full show on Youtube...get it while it lasts

Jason Tate and Ferrari333SP like this.
  8. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

[​IMG]

That was seriously beautiful, though.

9. goation

Regular

He looks more and more like Robert Smith.

10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I hope they release this as a live album. The Sound with full orchestra is what every song should strive to be.

11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn't be surprised if they did, since they had that album art/cover created for the show.

Kyle Max likes this.
  12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I know I'm gona be alone in this, but not really feeling this. Feel like all the additional instrumentation just adds noise, kind of sounds all washed out to me. There's definitely special moments, but I'd rather watch them play their regular set up.

Guys Named Todd likes this.
  13. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Just as good as the time Meat Loaf reimagined Bat Out of Hell with an orchestra. This works a lot better for softer songs, but everything is just godly.

14. chris-wrecker

Trusted

I agree, although I think another big part of it is the room/sound

15. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

Mind pointing me in the right direction?

16. heymattrick

Some songs definitely worked better than others. Chocolate was beautiful but I think Love Me and The Sound didn't go as well with their arrangements. The rest were all pretty swell, even though the instrumentals are not usually my first choice. And I've said it a ton already but I still can't believe they haven't played This Must Be My Dream live, I think this could have been a good opportunity with the xylophones and horns.

17. MikeERayner

Trusted

I can't stop watching this. It's so damn good. I have so much more appreciation for Please Be Naked and lostmyhead now. If it weren't for the title, that version of Please Be Naked could go straight into a Disney movie.

18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I think I like the orchestra behind the band like Metallica S&M. Some cool stuff here though.

19. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Bryan Diem likes this.
  20. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I think Matty kinda realized some songs weren't working out 100%, because he kept bringing up how nerve-wracking it was (which it would be for anyone, I'm sure) because Love Me was kinda awkward in comparison to the rest.