Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted – “On What You’re On” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

Still can't believe my boys are back

beachdude42, SpyKi and Chase Tremaine like this.
  3. CHARLIE???

4. .......

5. CHARLIE?!?!?!?!

6. I was immediately sold with that Daft Punk-y hook, but then Charlie started singing and my levels of pleasure became inappropriate.

Darn the band-boy-lover in me!!!

beachdude42 and SpyKi like this.
  7. Mr_Hox

Love this. Apparently, this is remix of the original version that they loved enough to replace the original on the album.

Schooner likes this.
  8. Incredible.

If this is the only song I hear for the rest of 2016, I'll be alright.

9. I'm so embarrassed to say that the brand new (and fantastic) Wolves at the Gate song just got one-upped...by...of all artists...BUSTED.

10. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I love Busted, even b4 I found BSB or N'Sync. Charlie is a god to me, and I think many of us here.

Schooner and emeryk3 like this.
  11. Actually now it's killing me what song this chorus reminds me of :worried:

12. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I almost want to throw a Maroon 5 song at you but I can't think of one.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  13. God those chorus lyrics are embarrassing.

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I like it a lot apart from the robot voice. I can never have too much sax in my life.

15. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Regardless of how much I like them, I'll concede that Busted lyrics have never been great...

16. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

This is really bad.

17. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

18. Before I even realized that Charlie was back in the band, that robot voice hook had me sold. I've loved Daft Punk for 15 years and hearing that made me think, "Wow, other artists are allowed to do that?!?"

On repeat listens, the chorus is wearing thin for me, but I love the verses/bridge and this might be the best sax solo I've ever heard shoehorned into a pop song.

19. SpyKi

I'm not a big Daft Punk fan and I've never really enjoyed that voice.

The chorus' for their singles have pretty much always been my least favourite parts of their music so I'm assuming this will be similar. I still like it a lot though and it's suuuper catchy.

20. tomtom94

Trusted

It's pretty good although it does sound possibly too much like Daft Punk. I think it's good that they seem to all be pulling towards the same goal, which was a problem with McBusted (when they couldn't decide if they were going for new-found maturity or nostalgia). I'm not convinced the musical style is really for me, but I can see myself getting into this big time down the line. Cult classic rather than Take That-esque reimagining perhaps?

Schooner likes this.
  21. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

This version is actually the remix that they decided to swap for the official version so it's understandable if it sounds more 'electronic'.

In regards to lyrical content, I don't see how a band like Blink can get a pass with writing fun simple songs yet other bands will often get slated. The chorus is simple but subjectively catchy and therefore pretty effective.

22. SpyKi

Blink gets slated all the time for their lyrics. I love Charlie to death but lyrics have always been the least impressive/enjoyable part of every project he's had. Not to say they're bad, I do love a lot of his lyrics, but I wouldn't say he's up there with my favourite lyricists or anything despite him being probably my second favourite musician.

23. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I thought Fightstar had interesting, if nonsensical, lyrics

24. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

To be fair, he wrote Grand Unification when he was like 19/20.. they're not awful for somebody so young, but no, he's hardly an impressive lyricist and James' lyrics definitely leave a LOT to be desired. Im unsure how much Matt actually contributes but the lyrics he actually sings are usually somewhere in between the two. Are Busted fans really that bothered about lyric quality though? I love this band to death and there's legit a couple of clunky lines in every single song.

25. SpyKi

Yeah I love the lyrics on Grand Unification, early Fightstar is probably where I like his lyrics the most but they're still not amazing or anything. James at his best can write a clever, funny pop song but he also writes a lot of dumb stuff. But yeah, as a Busted fan I'm not really listening for the lyrics.