Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lady Gaga to Headline 2017 Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

heymattrick likes this.
  2. Tata Toothy

Regular

I'm actually excited for this. Usually the superb owl halftime performance does nothing for me .

3. DearCory

Regular

I think this is definitely going to have the Katy Perry Effect... people will bitch about having a pop star as the performer, then she'll go out there and shut them all up!

Kingjohn_654 and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  4. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I'm guessing they'll announce Bruno Mars closer to the game?

5. heymattrick

Sending my love

I think this is a good choice. She is a great performer, sings live, and I'm sure will tone down the weirdness a bit for this...wasn't an obvious choice which was refreshing. I've been disappointed in the performer choices the last several years.

6. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Honestly had no idea she was still that big. She certainly will bring the theatrics and at least make it exciting. I'm okay with this.

7. RobbTWYH

her new album comes out in a few weeks, by the time the super bowl comes around, she'll be the biggest pop star in the country at the moment.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  8. ianzandi

Regular

She will probably go simple but theatrically huge. She absolutely has the talent and suprised a lot of skeptics with that Sound of Music tribute awhile back

9. ZeoVGM

Regular

Fantastic choice, I've been hoping for this to happen for a while now.

If she can be even half as entertaining as Katy Perry, it'll be a solid show.

10. aniafc

Trusted

She has an amazing voice. I think her songs with Tony Bennett helped showcase that, too.