Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Microwave Stream New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

anyone know if they worked on their lyrics? I like their sound but I wasn't a fan of the songwriting

3. I'm crying it's so good it's everything I wanted from them. Much love to the boys, I've watched them go from playing to 8 people in a dive in Anaheim to playing to huge crowds at Riot Fest, they deserve the world.

Well I personally really enjoyed their lyrics on Stovall and the split with Head North (I don't really see why people wouldn't like them, tbh) but yes these are on another level.

CMilliken likes this.
  4. buckcheeks

Regular

You seem slightly personally biased, though.

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Lyrics are better nothing about 69

6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I hated that lyric so much

I've really come around to this guy's songwriting though. He's actually very funny. The more serious stuff, though, like Vomit, is where he shines. That's one of the best written songs of the year. Gotta be

7. SayHello

Regular

Can't wait to listen to this. I absolutely adore this band.

8. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Album is pretty good. Love the closer.

9. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

That's literally the best line on all of Stovall

10. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I think his lyrics are extremely clever, to each their own.

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I've come around for sure

12. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

This shiz was all the buzz at Riot Fest. Couldn't see them because of scheduling conflict, but sublime music. Lots of Microwave shirts in Denver, I was surprised.

13. CMilliken

Trusted

I smile every time I hear it haha.

14. CMilliken

Trusted

Got my preorder last Saturday. It's been on repeat since. I love this band. The album is fantastic. It didn't really hit me how good it was until my second or third listen.

15. Well I admitted to the bias, so...

Regardless, I get why people would think that "69" line is stupid on Stovall but that's the point. It was supposed to show how dumb he was back then. This record definitely stepped it up lyrically, my bias notwithstanding.

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Idk it just made me uncomfortable. But I like both records With a slight edge to the new one

17. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

This album is so good. I swear every two weeks I gotta re-evaluate my AOTY list.

18. matthewroberthaag

I like this better than Stovall, and I really like Stovall. The album closer is stellar.

19. LiveFast_DieOld

Regular

Vomit is in the running for my best song of 2016, and that closer. Damn. Love it.

BigMouth likes this.