Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail/Finch Collaboration Do Some Teasing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i think ill enjoy this

3. euphguapo

I know I'll enjoy this

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Should be something cool but not anything that will blow me away.

5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Sounds cool

6. TrailerParkJesus

OG

This is probably gonna be played non stop in my car. Expectations are super high... Not necessarily that it'll be an overall musical masterpiece, but it'll be exactly what high school me would have gone nuts for.

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Very curious about this! I'm assuming Finch is basically done now again.

8. Saephon

Regular

Senses Fail and Finch were on constant rotation in my high school years. I'm trying not to get too hyped about this....ahh fuck it.

9. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I think this album will have an awesome nostalgic feel to it!

10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I love to spin Let It Enfold You and other pre-heavy Senses Fail to a lesser degree around this time of year. So something soon would be cool! I hope it sounds a little like LIEY without the, ya know, misogyny and bad lyrics because that record is great fun other than that

RileyWitiw and mattylikesfilms like this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hahahah so true.

I feel like SF is in a weird place right now. Renacer was such an amazing record and then they signed to Pure Noise and started to gain traction action only to put out the (in my opinion) dissapointing Pull The Thorns. I'm seeing them in November in LA on that Sum41 tour.

zachmacD and Davjs like this.
  12. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Really interesting project, can't wait to hear a full song.

13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

The name of the band looks like it could have been taken off of any post hardcore 'emo' album from 2000 - 2005.

14. zachmacD

Trusted

Personally, I loved pttfyh but I understand a lot of people not liking it. Recently, Buddy was on the 100 words or less podcast and joked that he kind of went about this whole side project thing the opposite way with the new band sounding like old senses fail and senses fail being used as more of a creative outfit. With that being said, Buddy's wife was pregnant at the time and he said thats caused him to think differently about the music he puts out with Senses Fail so that he can support them financially. That plus the acoustic album that's coming out leads me to believe the next sf album is going to have more of an old school senses fail vibe to it.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  15. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

It actually doesn't sound too bad, and looking at the comments it looks like we're due for that Senses Fail acoustic EP too.

16. Solidus

This is a war, sober up

Can't wait to hear Buddy's vocals over the instrumentals in that video. This should be a cool little throwback!

17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Seeing them play stuff off the last two albums at a Sum 41 show should be interesting, have fun with that. I have not returned to either of those albums after the first listen. I didn't dislike them, I just never felt like I needed to hear them again. Maybe I should give them another go.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm sure I've told you this in the past but I'll say it again: check out Renacer!! I love that record. It's like if Deftones had a baby with new era Comeback Kid. All the lyrics are top notch and positive with A+ instrumentals to back it up.

I'm sure their set for the Sum tour will consist of the classic hits from their past. I'd be shocked if they played more of their newer stuff for a crowd like that lol.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'll have to check that podcast out! Thanks!

20. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Pull The Thorns still really hits me lyrically. It almost feels like motivational speaking with background music. I totally get why some people don't get into it, but I love it.

21. zachmacD

Trusted

Same here. I have a playlist of pttfyh and renancer that I constantly listen to at the gym. Both of those albums really fire me up

22. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Musically it sounds really promising, I'm excited to hear the finished project.

23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The MattyLF recommendation is all I need to relisten to an album I constantly forget about. I'll let you know how it goes!

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  24. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Excited for that! SF and Finch, like my favorites back in 2003 heh ;D I've just been rocking WIITB in my car the whole week too.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hahaha yessssss. Let me know how you like it man. It's not a perfect record but I really think it's the best record of theirs on multiple levels.

Bryan Diem likes this.