Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ryan Key Talks the End of Yellowcard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ryan Key of Yellowcard talks with Entertainment Weekly about the end of the band:

The track took weeks of tinkering and almost didn’t make it onto the album. “I still hadn’t found a chorus we liked,” he said. But when he finally came up with the melody and lyrics for the hook – “If I could find you now, things would get better” – they knew it would work. “We didn’t know it was going to get radio play or MTV success. But we had a sense that it was a special song, one of the most accessible, massive-sounding pop songs that we’d ever written. But we didn’t know that song was going to change our lives forever.”

We’ve got reviews, think-pieces, and podcasts coming later this week as we say goodbye to the band. Their final self-titled album is due out on Friday.

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

First Yellowcard song I ever heard, instantly made me want more. Such a stupid good song

CMilliken likes this.
  3. GEM37

She haunts the roads

"Gifts and Curses" was mine. Really hope they can fit that in.

Ryan likes this.
  4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, if I got to see Gifts & Curses live, I would lose my mind.

GEM37 likes this.
  5. Fuckkmerunning

Heartbreaking, but honestly super happy that the band is going out on there own terms in there own way. I've met Sean, and Key. Really good, humble dudes.

6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Don't remember their 2004 album...c'mon EW. Perhaps they meant 2004 single.

7. CMilliken

Trusted

Don't know if I'm ready for their final album to drop on Friday.

8. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I miss Lights and Sounds.

9. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Yeah, damn, I dont think I can listen to that album just because of...the nostalgia and sadness it'd bring back. I'm not even a huge Yellowcard fan, but Lights and Sounds was legit. Paper walls wasnt bad. Anything else, I dont bother with.

ConArdist likes this.
  10. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Nailed it, was a very melancholy point in my life as well. Still the best work they've done in my honest-to-god opinion. Some of those string sections melt me.

11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

As much as I will miss this band and be bummed I can't see them one last time, I am glad they are going out on a good note. You never know, several years down they may get an urge to play again... Regardless, with all of these classic bands calling it a day I think it's a good reminder to keep looking for good current music. As someone with a working career and other things in life, It's easy to fall into a rut of a few staple bands.

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

13. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid