Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada – “To The Key of Evergreen”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

kwilcox likes this.
  2. TrailerParkJesus

OG

So, I'm happy with the new vox. Does he have vocal restrictions at this point? Or is this a natural change in direction for Mike?

kwilcox likes this.
  3. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Most likely the first. Dude's been at this for 11 years now, plus smoking on and off. As a vocal coach, his style isn't exactly forgiving on the ol' cords either.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Why do I love this band so much? They've just found their niche. Scary good live IMO.

johnnyferris and kwilcox like this.
  5. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Well said, as a metal vocalist I don't believe smoking in moderation is bad, but his style is. Raspy vocals like that hurt. Winston, Spencer, Keith all having screaming down pat. Also I find just clean singing scales really helps warm up for the harsher tones. And water, need water. haha

6. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

I really like this song and the lyrics. Hype just went up for the album.

Nate_Johnson and kwilcox like this.
  7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Love this song. So ready for this album.

Nate_Johnson and kwilcox like this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Honestly haven't really dug anything past Dead Throne..

9. goation

Regular

I can't believe how amazing this band has gotten over the last 5 or 6 years.

10. Hank Thorough

So glad other folks are enjoying this as much as I have. I haven't really listened to them since Zombie, mainly because I haven't heard anything that really caught my attention. Any albums I've missed out on that I should check out? Any specific songs I need to listen to?

11. goation

Regular

8:18 is easily my favorite metalcore album. From the singles, this sounds like it will do more of my favorite parts from 8:18 so this is going to be awesome.

12. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

This is a huge improvement from 8:18. I'm feeling like I might end up liking this record almost as much as I love Dead Throne which is their best for me. Now after hearing this and Daughter, I'm not disappointed at all that I preordered the vinyl a while back.

13. kwilcox

This single and interview shifted me from disinterested to excited for this album.

14. I've literally never been interested in this band but after this song I am very interested.

15. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I really enjoyed this song. "Daughter" wasn't doing much for me, but this song is something else. The last six years of this band is pretty special in my eyes.

Chuck! likes this.
  16. Chuck!

Regular

Daughter didn't impress me, but this is fantastic

17. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

really really enjoying this

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  18. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

I'm not finding an interview. The article just links to the music video, right?

19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

both songs impressed me a lot. havent listened to em much since roots above days but these are really good.

kwilcox likes this.
  20. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I actually really dig this, I couldn't get into 8:18 because I couldn't get past his vocals but the new direction sounds much, much better

kwilcox likes this.