Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drake’s ‘Views’ Returns to No. 1 on Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Drakeis back at number one on the charts this week. Mac Miller is at number two, the Suicide Squad soundtrack is at three.

Views maintains the most weeks at No. 1 for an album by an artist since Adele’s 21 notched 24 nonconsecutive weeks at No. 1 (March 12, 2011-June 23, 2012), and the most weeks atop the list for a man since Billy Ray Cyrus’ Some Gave All ruled for 17 straight frames in 1992 (June 13-Oct. 3).

2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I mean I guess it is if people like it that much, but it does confuse me too. I wish I saw what everyone else saw in it.

3. How is it, that in a year of great music, one of the most mediocre records is getting all of this success? Someone tell radio stations to stop playing Drake....

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Ugh...

5. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Preach, man!

6. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Literally half of "Views" is on the NBA2k17 soundtrack. Drives me nuts.

7. ReiAndCoke

Surprised how bad Usher did.

8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I didn't even realize Usher had an album out! Climax came on today. Hadn't listened to it for a while and I nearly died of witnessing auditory perfection.

PandaBear! likes this.
  9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Did Taking Back Sunday flop?

10. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Debuted at #36.

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

12. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

its because of the streaming metrics, many of which are heavily indebted to the success of his singles rather than the overall album.

13. I mean, I'm fully aware of that (hence why I said radio should stop playing his singles so much). I was just venting some frustration.

14. ABrandNewFireInside

For your health!

Hahaha Drake. What a racket.