Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riding Shotgun With the Boss

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Dwight Garner, writing at The New York Times, reviewed Bruce Springsteen’s autobiography:

The book is like one of Mr. Springsteen’s shows — long, ecstatic, exhausting, filled with peaks and valleys. It’s part séance and part keg party, and then the house lights come up and you realize that, A) you look ridiculous dancing to “Twist and Shout” and, B) you will be driving home in a minivan and not a Camaro.

His writing voice is much like his speaking voice; there’s a big, raspy laugh on at least every other page. There’s some raunch here. This book has not been utterly sanitized for anyone’s protection, and many of the best lines won’t be printed in this newspaper. Most important, “Born to Run” is, like his finest songs, closely observed from end to end. His story is intimate and personal, but he has an interest in other people and a gift for sizing them up.

2. Rushmore33

Cant wait to get my paws on this.

3. Michael Buffone

Really dug the review. I cannot wait until I can crack this book open. I need it.

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Have not anticipated a book this much since 2011. Incidentally, that book was Butch Walker's biography. I have my priorities straight.

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

very excited to read this

6. AndrewRnR

Can't seem to find much details on the audiobook... I'm not an audiobook person but if he was narrating it himself that would be a pretty awesome listen.

7. Michael Buffone

I would seriously throw all of my money at that.