Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Two Tongues – “Scorpio”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Early thoughts include

- This song is too long
    - The production is just as bad as the other 2 tracks

I'll still be listening to this album but how many times remains to be seen.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I just listened to the first record for my first time in years and years the other day and still really enjoy about half of it a lot - some great songs. But yeah, I have no idea why Max is going this route here for the production. Same issue with the last two SA albums, which I have maybe listened to 5 times combined.

4. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, there's a difference between lo-fi and bad.

SaveTheEarth and mattylikesfilms like this.
  5. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

The production of this is just awful. I liked a few songs on the last SA album but the production ruined that too. It is obviously an artistic choice but it is a flawed one in my opinion.

6. The production on I Don't Think it is, while edgy, is not nearly as bad as this. This is an experiment in how unlistenable a band can make a catchy song.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. SayHello

Regular

This is just offensive. The first song was all around putrid. The last two songs have been okay, but the production is just so unbelievably terrible it makes the pair unlistenable. Who thought releasing this as is was okay? Pathetic. I'm sorry, the artists and label need to know when there is an artistic vision that is just so awful it will not appeal to anyone. I don't recon more than a couple hundred people will be buying this upon release.

8. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I love it. I think this is my favorite of the three. This or Azalea.

9. I actually thought this sounded better than the last two songs

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Hebrews didn't have this lo-fi production style. Also, I see why a lot of people don't enjoy I Don't Think It Is but I still to this day don't understand the hate for Hebrews. Such a great album.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Pretty much how I feel.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I been listening to I Don't Think It Is occasionally the last two months and it's actually pretty decent. It has some really solid tracks like "Give A Damn", "17 coked up speeding", "Rum", "So Numb", "Jiminy", and my personal favorite on the record "#Blessed".

The production and songwriting on these three songs released are shit though. The first TT record was about half killer and half filler. Songs like "If I Could Make You Do Things" still hit me HARD. It's leagues above this.

I hope people don't just hate on Max solely too since Saves The Day's S/T is pretty forgettable and overall disappointing.

Anyways, hope these two make some really amazing records in the near future.

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

It's a shame Max is so intent on making all his music sound as shitty as possible now, because this song itself isn't too bad. But I can't listen to this. C'mon Max.

14. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Dang I think STD self titled is their best release in years.

15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Agreed

16. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

The only thing I will say about the self-titled is that it's not really all that progressive and it kind of goes back to a bit of an older sound for them, but yeah I thought it was pretty solid. Definitely catchy.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  17. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I should add that this is probably the most disappointed I've ever been for a sophomore release.

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

If only the drums sounded better, I'd be down for all the grittiness, but I'm not sure how am I going to take it with a full album. So far I liked all of those songs separately.

19. I think they stole my high school band's demos

20. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I'm biased because I love every Saves The Day album, but I agree that the st is fantastic! :)

KidLightning and LosManosFuertes like this.
  21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Wish I felt the same man. I thought it was awful minus a few tracks.

22. Kuri44

I think my least favorite STD record might be a tie between UTB and Daybreak.. though I do love the song Daybreak

23. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Think it's a good song but the production distracts from it.

24. I'm not really a big STD fan anymore but Daybreak is a top three album from them, can't say the same about S/T

mattylikesfilms and BigMouth like this.
  25. This is where I'm at. The trilogy is my favourite thing STD ever did, followed by Through Being Cool and then everything else being a distant third. Daybreak is an incredible record.

Dan O'Neill likes this.