Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Get Out – “Get My Cut” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. This song wound up sounding more like what I expected after that press release that came outa while back. Home just still hasn't totally clicked with me yet.

fenway89 likes this.
  3. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Well it sounds like Manchester Orchestra almost to the point where there isn't anything really setting it apart for me. Will have to give the whole album a go. So far not as big on what I'm hearing as Movement and The Season

4. Yellowcard2006 Sep 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2016)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Video remind me of Pulp Fiction slightly not sure if that's on purpose though, neat video.

I was convinced this band was an Andy Hull side-project. Then I found they weren't, not sure if I'm the only one who thinks he sounds just like him, been trying to get past that thought but I just can't shake it out.

EDIT: Just realized I said Pulp Fiction instead of Reservoir Dogs but honestly I'm gonna leave it because it's funny to me either way.

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Well done. Nah, he definitely sounds like Andy. Andy produced this album, actually, tho, and they're good friends

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I can just imagine Andy in the studio going "yeah man that vocal take was great sounds just like me I dig it"

I think they both have great vocals it's just so weird they aren't the same person.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  7. Connor

It should have reminded you of reservoir dogs, it's like a remake of it

8. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Seems more like Kill Bill than Reservoir Dogs but ok.

9. Connor

Are you being serious?

10. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

serotonin likes this.
  11. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I definitely got an Inglorious Basterds vibe

Joe4th likes this.
  12. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Being a Reservoir Dogs tribute or whatever it was, it could have been better, but this is fun too :) in fact it does sound a looot like MO.

fenway89 likes this.
  13. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Not sure how I feel about the song but love the video! Reservoir Dogs is one of my faves