Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! at the Disco Tease “IX XXII”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Juraraw

I think that means September 22, which is tomorrow. Probably just a new music video.

beachdude42 and ianzandi like this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Hoping for a tour announcement. They never really went on a proper headlining tour after DOAB. Just did the co-headlining with Weezer.

Think it's WAY too early for a new album announcement.

Carmensaopaulo and heymattrick like this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

One of the cast members from Stranger Things (can't remember who) tweeted about it too so I think it almost has to be a music video. But damn I hope I'm wrong cus this seems like a huge deal to make over a music video.

5. chris-wrecker

Trusted

He's in the new ETID video that's being released this week, could be that?? Pretty sure it's that...

6. DallasSF

BIG tour coming...

7. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Oh god I hope so. The summer tour was amazing but I'd really like a headlining tour. They usually have great support bands.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  8. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

It didn't occur to me to hope for a headlining tour and I'm almost sorry I read this thread and am getting my hopes up.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm trying to think of the last time Panic has done a proper, full headlining tour. I saw them on the Weezer tour, before then at a radio Christmas show in Milwaukee, before then a Christmas show in Chicago, and before that at a one off show before riot fest 2013 or something like that. Which means the last time I saw them on one was the Vices & Virtues tour, and fun. was still an opening band at that point, so yea wow it's been a long time. I know they did that summer tour a couple years ago but I couldn't go. Still that was outdoor venues and Panic definitely thrives in enclosed theaters, at least in my opinion. Now I'm really hoping its actually a huge tour.

10. heymattrick

The Gospel Tour in 2014 with Walk the Moon was their last full-fledged headlining US tour

11. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Was it really? Had tix for the Denver date and was sick, only cared about Andrew and Weezer. I'm so tired of Brendon Urie.

12. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

The name of this band needs to be "Brendon!".

13. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Fo' real? Didn't know they were connected, maybe outside of FOB.

14. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

What does it matter what name he uses?

15. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I doubt it'd be a new album, probably a one off song at the most if not a big tour announcement. They could go FOB style and premiere a single 6 months before the album release. You never know though!

16. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

It doesn't, really. Just sick of the dude.

17. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Because he took the reigns of the band or...?

18. chris-wrecker

Trusted

19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Did you forget about Hallelujah? Came out in April 2015. Death of a Bachelor came out 9 months later in January.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  20. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Shit i forgot about that!! Now that you mention it I remember being really confused as to why they chose to do that.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I've heard rumors of a tour with Saint Motel and Misterwives. That would be pretty cool, I'd be down for that.

22. DearCory

Regular

Hot damn if Misterwives are on it! They did say they have some big new too!

Hopefully it would give Misterwives the exposure they deserve. Their album is easily in my Top 10

23. heymattrick

Holy shit...just announced a huge tour with misterwives and Saint Motel.

I cannot believe Panic! Is playing the Pepsi Center in Denver. That is crazy!

ConArdist and ilikedesigning like this.
  24. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I decided to listen to the Misterwives record in case the rumors were true and I'm glad I did. Stoked for this tour. Those dates were way further off than I would've expected though.

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Is that a Fueled By Ramen thing? I swear, every FBR band I've seen live, tour announcments were like 6-7 months in advance. Twenty One Pilots, Panic!, Fun.

All shows I've been too for those bands, several times, were announced 6 to 7 months out.