Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Denver Riot Fest 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

As Riot Fest wraps up this year, I have one question: when is it not festival season? I feel as if we’ve transitioned into an era where festivals and big bills are the new trend. I’ve attended and photographed four “festivals” this year alone and Riot Fest was one of the more enjoyable to shoot. The festival was easy and accessible — which isn’t always the case. Below you’ll find images of Thursday, Underoath, Glassjaw, and many more.

2 Chainz

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Bad Religion

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Death Cab for Cutie

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Deftones

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Glassjaw

Julian Marley

Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Nas

Pepper

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Thursday

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Tyler the Creator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Underoath

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Dang, none of the shows I saw lol. Was front row for Dandy's, MCS, Billy Talent, Night Riots, Against Me!, and saw Planes Mistaken for Stars. Didn't attend day three, though I had tickets, too wiped.

3. ANTEMASQUE

Did anyone record any of the audio from the streams or at the show??

ConArdist likes this.
  4. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Was pretty bummed with underoath in chicago. They were probably the only band that didn't live up to expectations I had though. Otherwise, everyone I saw (Julie Ruin, Pierce the Veil, All Time Low, Glassjaw, Motion City, Billy Talent, Andrew W.K. to name a few) all killed it.

ConArdist likes this.
  5. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Yezzir. Bands I listed above. Chris Scroll over, and there's lots of good videos. My absolute favorite is Ben from Billy Talent dissing the Rockies haha

6. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I know the Underoath guys quite well. They don't care for festivals at all.

7. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I had never seen Billy Talent live, been listening since '03 though. OMG. One of the top ten bands I've ever seen easily, out of hundreds.

8. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I don't know how they did at Riot Fest, but I saw Glassjaw opening for Coheed and Cambria earlier this year and that was one of the most disappointing sets I've ever seen.

I get that Daryl's older and not as limber as he once was, and I can understand cutting some of the weirder spoken-word/screaming sections for the sake of simplicity, but at the end of the day they didn't have any stage presence and simply looked like they didn't want to be there.

9. ANTEMASQUE

Anyway you could upload against me, mst and planes please?? Against me the most haha

ConArdist likes this.
  10. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I didn't get much of Against Me!, I felt like a phone whore.

11. Frd

Been to three of their shows, in very different settings, great every single time. Amazing how they can create such a wall of sound with only three instruments on stage.

12. GhostOverground

Did Underoath really only get 6 songs in?

13. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Right? It was bumpin'! Their songs are pretty good on record, but songs like "Devil in a Midnight Mass" were pandemonium live. The crowd sucked, and I'm scared they won't come back. Ben dissed the Rockies and everyone was getting unnecessarily PO'd. I thought it was hilarious!