Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Chorus.fm Forum Tribute to The 1975

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

One of my favorite things about the forums is watching talented and motivated people come together to make awesome things. Today I’m excited to feature the latest in the “member compilation” series that has been taking shape in our music forum — a tribute to The 1975. Below you’ll find a stream of the 8-track cover album dedicated to the band.

Make sure to check out the forum thread for more information about these tribute compilations and how you can get involved.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME AND WHY DO I KEEP MISSING THESE COMPS?!?!

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

lol I found this yesterday. The due date was yesterday. Would've been a fun project ha

4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Just started listening, actually super impressed with The Sound cover. So used to most of these covers sounding like they're recorded through an old speaker

5. seriously! we're doing a Halloween themed compilation next month. it's being "announced" on thursday. just keep an eye on the main thread.

Schooner and Chase Tremaine like this.
  6. we're doing a halloween compilation next. all the info will be announced on thursday this week. so keep an eye on the main thread.

7. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

@bradsonemanband have you considered changing the title of the thread to indicate which theme/band is in progress to get people more in the know?

I Am Mick likes this.
  8. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

Holy shit, that The Sound cover is amazing! The sort that I'd love to find in a Punk Goes album. Love the guitar and drum work! Great job! Minor critique though, the voice of the vocalist sounds really good yet it is getting drowned by the instruments, imo.

9. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Yeah, @bertbro absolutely destroyed this song!

10. I have considered it in the past. I think I did that with the Saves The Day compilation a couple months ago. In theory, I think it's the best idea. Changing the thread's name to include the current compilation makes total sense, and I really should be doing that every time, I think. But one thing I like to do (especially when we do tribute albums for a specific band) is post about it in the particular band's main thread here in the forums so other fans can get into it if they feel interested. So if I am posting the link to the thread that contains the new title, it eventually will be a broken link when we do the next compilation, and then if someone who's reading old posts sees it and gets interested, it no longer works... Haha, maybe I'm actually reading too much into it. I'll change the thread title for the next couple compilations and we will see what everyone thinks; if it's a good idea or a bad one to change the thread title each time. Sorry this post is so long. Words words words... haha

11. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

oh that makes sense to me, wish there was a way around that :- /

12. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

The Sound cover is :ok:

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I'll quote you in the thread, and nudge you every time a new compilation is looking for participants.

14. You're a boss

bradsonemanband and elemenohpe like this.
  15. AND A FRIEND :verysad:

bradsonemanband and elemenohpe like this.