Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day to Remember – “In Florida”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I'm diggin' that early-to-mid-00s vibe.

3. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Not surprised this is a b side.

4. SetYourGoals

Huge ADTR fan. Reeeeeeally don't like this song. They said they wrote like 40 songs for this album or something, can't imagine what is on the cutting room floor if this one was one of the top 12 songs.

Really like the album for the most part though.

5. I like this song more than the entire album. A lot more.

6. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I like it, but I'm glad it's a b-side. How many songs can you write about FL.. Come on.

js977 likes this.
  7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I like is a lot too. I think they're at their best when they choose to go pop vs heavy on a given song instead of mixing. They can do both fine, but I like em separate for this band particularly.

8. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Isn't this on the album? Maybe its just on the deluxe edition and Itunes doesn't specify which tracks are bonus?

9. SetYourGoals

I disagree. I personally think they are best when they go BIG, if that makes sense. When they have a huge song full of passion, heavy or poppy. This is a small song. My favorite ADTR song is a probably Sometimes You're The Hammer, and I think it's an awesome blend of heavy and poppy. Songs like Right Back At It or City of Ocala of the last record were very poppy but also very big to me, and I thought they worked really well. And on this album, when they really went for it with songs like Reassemble or Same Without You I really like what they did. But it seems like 50% of most of their albums are just a song with nothing super strong behind it, and I can almost feel them not caring about it through the music. When they go for it, they are my favorite band. This specific song doesn't feel like them going for it to me.

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

my favorites on this are Bad Vibrations, Reassemble, and Turn Off the Radio, but i'd have to revisit it. On the last couple albums it started to feel to me like they just tried to be as heavy and as poppy as possible just for the sake of it, it felt gimmicky. I think this album feels more focused. it's a fun listen.

11. shawnhyphenray

Regular

New b-side? I'm assuming most people bought the deluxe edition of Bad Vibrations, so i'd think most people already own this song like me. This is one of my least favorites on the album tbh.

12. ricklightning

Compañero

I'm usually not a fan of their sound but I really liked this song. Is this an anomaly, or do they have other songs more like this one that you could recommend?