Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against the Current Cover “Love Story” with Yellowcard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

It's not bad.

3. Davjs

Trusted

Not a fan of the original but man this is really well done.

4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Is Against the Current any good?

5. Davjs

Trusted

This being the first thing I've heard from them, I clicked on their music video for Paralyzed and enjoyed it. I'd recommend it but nothing too different from pop rock band with a girl singer.

6. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Nice cover.

7. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

So overhyped then? Costanza is also always basically a pinup girl in Kerrang and Rock Sound. That's just how they make her out to look, and I never see the rest of the band.

8. Davjs

Trusted

Oh, that's a shame. Maybe I'm out of the loop but I'd never heard of the band or her. Those two videos literally mark my introduction to them lol. She is a looker though, so I get the Pin up thing I suppose but the band seems good. They all deserve the spotlight.

9. chickenlover

Said I'm okay, but I know how to lie.

armistice and ConArdist like this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Maybe it makes me sound old, but I am so sick of youtube covers that simply slow the song down for the sake of making it more "emotional," there's nothing artistically that excites me about the changes here

ComedownMachine and Luroda like this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Great cover, but unfortunately it sounds too close to the original, which I just can't stand heh.

12. Fuckkmerunning

great cover, keys vocals sound outstanding on this! im deff gonna check out against the current now.

13. ale5875

Regular

I won't say anything about their music because I'd be too biased, but their shows are extremely entertaining and they seem to be really nice people.

14. tomtom94

Trusted

This is much, much better than I was expecting. Could maybe have done to differentiate itself from the original a bit more but still excellent.

15. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Yeah, it's a band. Meaning a group of people. lol it's always funny when they focus on one member. Like Oli. Or Kellin. I admire bands that all members are beloved in equal measure.

16. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Cool! Playing an itty bitty show near me soon so I'll check it out.

17. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I can't get over her last name being Costanza. That name enters my head and all I visualize is...[​IMG]

18. Davjs

Trusted

Yep! No Doubt, Paramore and Hales all ring a bell lol. Maybe it's just a thing that bands with femae singers get roped into?

19. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I like the original, and as others have said, this is very similar but slightly more boring.

20. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I may be biased but I loved Key on this and the violin was on point.

Davjs likes this.
  21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

They don't do anything new but if you like catchy pop rock they're quite good

ConArdist likes this.
  22. punkzilla84

Super enjoyable. Thought it was a really good cover.

23. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Definitely, and it's happening w/ the male singers too being made into sex gods. And I wonder if it creates animosity. Oli Sykes is of particular interest of me, you've got this gorgeous guy screaming, destroying tables, and creating chaos. It's a real point of fascination. AND, this is weird but even my parents have pointed it out, you've got attractive guys in heavy bands now, a change from yesteryear. Like the guys in Parkway Drive, Keith Buckley, Pierce the Veil. Very interesting trend, sorry for the rant. :eh:

24. wrenleslie

Agree, and Chrissy has talked a lot about how much it bothers her when people act like she's a solo act.

25. JEREMYMCGRATH

I'll never ever understand the appeal of Yellowcard.