Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean – “Everyone Talking Over Everyone Else” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. theredline

Trusted Supporter

New record is great!

3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

AOTY for me so far. that good.

ConArdist and kwilcox like this.
  4. Far from my favorite on the record, but a solid single choice nonetheless

5. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

this record rules

coleslawed likes this.
  6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Really great song!

Total Side Note: I want that Modern Life is War shirt!!!

7. mattylikesfilms Sep 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 15, 2016)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Great song, even better album. I highly advise people to get their documentary on making this record "Luminaries".

Bryan Diem likes this.
  8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Top notch album, I need to get back to it more for sure, but recently I only get a few chances in a week to listen to heavy music loud enough.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

So, so good

10. Chuck!

Regular

great album

11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Fantastic album.

12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

friggen ballerrrr

13. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Polar Similar is bonkers good, but Norma Jean has me filled w/ glee each time a record comes out. Cory's vocals have never been better. Can't wait to party and discuss the record here in Denver.

14. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Yezzir

15. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Which NJ album doesn't? Heck, even the Anti-Mother rips.

16. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

album is unreal

anyone get their vinyl preorder yet?

17. Reese's Pieces

I got an email last week saying it was delayed until November unfortunately.

18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

O'God certainly does not rule, imo.

But man, this is a destructive album. Glad they made interludes work a lot better. This is like a fully-realized Meridional. Not sure if it tops Wrongdoers for me though.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  19. Okay I love Polar Similar but no way. Two completely different animals.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I'm only a listen and a half deep into Polar Similar, love it, but that's what came to mind for me. I definitely think Meridional has some identity issues, comparisons to other works aside.

21. What makes you say that? It is certainly a diverse album, but all three of their most recent records have been. It's kinda what I love so much about them haha.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Dude we're on the same level! Went to the OGTA tour, the fans love that album but it's my least favorite BY FAR. I'm acquainted w/ Cory so I get free access, but that tour I went for my buddies Stephen and Spencer in Sleepwave. Nearly fell asleep during OGTA.

23. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

This reminds me of Redeemer

24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

This album has a striking resemblance to Haste The Day's Coward. Both are great, but polar similar is overwhelmingly good. The close and discontent is incredible.

25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Where Wrongdoers and PS incorporate everything together towards the same goal, it creates either a giant heavy atmosphere or intense messiness. Meridional seems to constantly be in opposition to itself. Some tracks work well (first two, endless tapeworm especially) but then you have a lot of tracks stuck in a middle ground between heavy, catchy, and groovy, and it just doesn't work (High noise and People that Surround you). And then the whole Media Friendly thing. Then I have songwriting qualms with some tracks, like Deathbed Atheist, which builds up really well in the first half and then the chorus is really underwhelming. And then Bastardizer and Blood Burner are good songs, but are a little more by the books metalcore. I think overall it's too safe, which makes total sense with the label it's on. This is probably very disjointed haha

It would be cool to see live, maybe. But almost unlistenable on record. The guitars sound like hairdriers. I love the genre, that's just a boring album.

ConArdist likes this.