Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland Tease New Song “Night Figures”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I just don't think there is any band that can do the things Copeland can.

3. failinginplace

Regular

yeeeeesssss that sounds rad. anyone know who the other vocal is?

fenway89 likes this.
  4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Yeah Copeland is in a league of their own. It's ridiculous how good Ixora was. The world is a better place with Copeland active

Mike and coleslawed like this.
  5. bodkins

Trusted

Could be wrong, but when I listened I assumed it was just Aaron with effects. I'll have to listen some more later.

6. testtime

Regular

I don't like any copeland song better than songs that feature Aaron Marsh...Hospital is playing right now and Some Will Seek Forgiveness played earlier. Those two songs, the latter easily, is in my top 10 of all time.

Frank Lapidus likes this.
  7. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

8. ineverlose

I'm sure I'm wrong, but does anyone else get a little Justin Vernon vibe from that last vocal part? For some reason that's the first thing I heard. Probably just Aaron with effects though, like someone else already said.

9. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

That's exactly what I thought on first listen, but I agree that it's almost certainly not Justin. Stoked at the possibility of another Copeland record so soon!

10. Ska Senanake

Trusted

The world is truly a better place with Copeland. I will buy anything they put out and do anyrhing i can to keep them going! They do things to me.

11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

it's most likely just some vocoder effects on aaron's vocals. also, this sounds like it could have been a Lulls in Traffic track.

12. Hank Thorough

90% sure that's JMR.

13. Hank Thorough

Well I was wrong, turns out it's just Aaron with some effects.

beachdude42 and fenway89 like this.
  14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

It sounds amazing, like they went even further than on Ixora! I also thought it's someone on a guest spot over there, people commented on fb it's JMR, which made sense and sounds a bit like him, but yeah, they commented on that and it's just Aaron with some pitch shifting, which is awesome too ;D

15. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Saw them w/ gf in 06. We were young, 18 and 15, but it made for a lovely, romantic evening. I usually just wanna throw down but that was classy.

16. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Also while they are one of my favorite bands, I still can't believe how ridiculously unpopular they are. I mean in the mainstream sense. Kellin Quinn named his kid after the band for Christ's sake, they influence everyone but they are so underground.

17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

18. Hank Thorough

JMR. Dude's worked with Aaron before, that's why I thought it was him.

19. dee

I can feel the butterflies.

Would've been soo awesome if it was JMR! Doesn't sound like him though.

Also, Copeland is perfection.

20. Jordache91

Newbie Prestigious

Man whatever happend to them, did they ever actually release anything?

21. failinginplace

Regular

Well played, Aaron Marsh, well played.

22. failinginplace

Regular

Heck yeah that's awesome. I saw them at an SXSW showcase three days before In Motion dropped and they sold the cd early and signed it for people. And it was a fantastic show, too. Here's a pic: COPELAND. _ sxsw.2005 :)

ConArdist likes this.
  23. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Nice! They're lovely people, and Aaron is so open to communication from fans.

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I've only ever seen that first music video, and then they put out a Christmas single.

25. failinginplace

Regular

he absolutely is. i've talked to him a few times back on the APnet boards before everything was erased about doing a lullaby album. I don't know if he's still reading these but Aaaaaaaaron let's have a lullaby album! :D

ConArdist likes this.