Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twenty One Pilots Cover My Chemical Romance

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I think this might be the worst thing I've ever heard.

FTank likes this.
  3. DearCory

Regular

Very different from the original, and has a completely different feel to it. I can see myself listening to it a few times... but at the same time, maybe not.

4. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Generally I like this band, but this cover is not for me. Feels completely soulless compared to the original.

5. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I like the verses. They remind me of old tøp. Not a huge fan of the chorus things. If anything it makes me want to listen to My Chem which is never a bad thing.

Dan O'Neill and heymattrick like this.
  6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Posted in the MCR thread that I thought this was awful but on second listen I don't really mind it. It's different and they tried something new.

The problem is, covering any song on this album is basically a poisoned chalice, as it's never going to be as good as the original. Except Mama. That song is terrible.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Very lifeless and devoid of anything that made it interesting

tumblr_m9f6cuuays1r1a4gk.gif

FTank, Dan O'Neill, Osceola13 and 3 others like this.
  8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoyed this one. A few others on this compilation that I'm curious to hear as well.

Turkeylegz and Matt504 like this.
  9. smowashere Sep 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 14, 2016)
    smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I love both the original and this cover. Can't please everyone, and I feel these are two polarizing bands to begin with.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  10. SPine

Trusted

If this wasn't a cover it sounds like it could have been on Blurryface. The original is obviously a masterpiece but I like that twenty one pilots made it sound like their style.

Turkeylegz and heymattrick like this.
  11. Dan O'Neill

Regular

It's okay, but the original is so much better. It's kind of a pointless cover.

12. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoy the original and this, I wonder what the MCR guys think of these covers...

13. Joel Gustafson

A glass can only spill what it contains

It's fine, but I've also heard a piano-only cover by TOP and I wish they would've stuck with that. Oh well.

14. Bane

The spiciest meme

My face right now is just.....man.

slimfenix182 and Aaron Mook like this.
  15. This was way more tolerable than it should have been

16. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Listened to the whole Rock Sound CD and most of the covers fell flat - they sound like Glee covers. Why do these bands over-enunciate all the lyrics? That's where a lot of the emotion goes.

Cancer is a good song but as an MCR Fan I started to hate it because they closed their live show with it 6 of the 11 times I saw them and it ruined it for me.

Cheers to TOP for reimagining the song, as there's only like 3 songs on the whole Rock Sound CD that aren't exactly like the originals.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  17. mattant

I think they nailed this cover. Am I a huge fan of it? Not really. But it sounds like it could be on Blurryface which is kind of the point, to make a song your own. Too often covers are identical but worse and what is the point of that.

smowashere and Matt504 like this.
  18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

One of my favourite albums of all time by I have always disliked that song.

19. ZeoVGM

Regular

This is shockingly great.