Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day – “Bang Bang” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Green Day have released their new video for “Bang Bang.” You can find that below. The video was directed by Tim Armstrong.

2. AshlandATeam

Trusted

When I was in high school, the question on all the hearts and minds of all the skater kids was 'blink or Green Day?' At that point, Green Days best days seemed behind them (Dookie and Nimrod), while blink (with Dude Ranch and Enema and - if you were really cool, you knew about Cheshire Cat) seemed to be ramping up.

Who knew that in 2016 a legit question would be 'who's better? blink or Green Day?' And that I would legitimately enjoy what they were putting out.

Now we just need some sarcastic song with a hook that gets stuck in your head for a month from the Offspring, and I might as well be 15 again.

r0m4n44 and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. IAmMikeWhite

@IAmMikeWhite Supporter

So is Jason White just done now? I really liked his increased presence in the band. By the time he was on the cover of Quatro I figured he was a full time, 1/4th member of the band, creatively and image-wise. I'm kinda bummed to see that go away.

House Of Wolves likes this.
  4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

King for a Day?

5. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Seems to be still around.

6. Anticitizen7 Sep 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 13, 2016)
    Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Yeah, Jason White still seems to be around. For whatever reason, Green Day still likes to keep the three man image. Seems kind silly considering he's been touring with them for like 20 years.

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Jason himself doesn't like the spotlight, it's why he never participates in photoshoots or anything.

As far as the video goes, it's one of their better ones since the American Idiot era but they've never really had amazing videos besides a few exceptions

8. musicguy87

Love the Tim Armstrong cameo.

9. aniafc

Trusted

Fuck it, can you blame him? Dude makes great money and doesn't have to participate in any of the press-type stuff. God, sign me up.

tdlyon likes this.
  10. This video actually amped me up for the album a lot. I was feeling a little meh about both tracks, but I enjoy them a lot more after seeing the video for some reason. I'm still not expecting anything special but I am looking forward to jamming out to it.

11. Neon Light

rage and love

I want those masks

12. Carlos

SUM 41 DUH

Davjs likes this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

hahaha, actually if I had to pick my favorite of the 3.... I'll go with the band who released Chuck.

14. IAmMikeWhite

@IAmMikeWhite Supporter

I mean, I know he's still "around" and will tour and record, but I just felt like before the break (and his cancer treatment) he was kinda creeping into the picture. They started including him in press material, music videos, and he was listed in the album credits with the rest of the band, like, as the fourth member. He was definitely more than just "around." I just wonder why he's gone back to touring member. He's not even in the party shots of the video.