Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day to Remember Perform “Private Eye” With Matt Skiba

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Amber likes this.
  2. Amber

ambsgotback

YES TIMES A MILLION

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I was there. It was such a surprise. And I loved the ADTR logo with the Trio font.

Amber likes this.
  4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I just can't get over having recorded at the same space w/ the same sound engineer as both AK3 and ADTR. Chills.

5. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Really cool cover!

6. Tylar

Pretty good cover, also helps Skiba was there haha

7. Ezquerro

This is such a sweet cover!

Really like McKinnon's vocals on it.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Despite Jeremy looking like a bro on stage, this is the coolest thing ADTR has done. Huge Trio fan. Would love for them to release a new record this year in the vein of Crimson and FHTI..

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

??

10. dorfmac

Trusted

I love the sentiment, being in Chicago and all. Also thought the banners were sweet.

That said, I could not stand lead singer's stage presence and felt embarrassed for him the way he was gesturing the entire time and his vocals were pretty bland. Doesn't make me feel the need to check out any of their other stuff.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Haha yeah man. That's why I said he looks like a bro. I'm just saying, that type of frontman does not fit with a song like Private Eye. It's cringeworthy.

cerealtony likes this.
  12. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I've always enjoyed Jeremy's presence and antics on stage.

13. cerealtony

tech-savvy at-risk youth

This would have been much cooler if ADTR's singer didn't have such a brotastic stage presence. Could not get over his gesturing and swagger which really don't fit with this song imo but it was neat to see Skiba join them.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

Never thought of Jeremy as a bro before but don't see how it's a bad thing. His stage presence is awesome. Saw the show on Sunday, they didn't play it but if Matt sounded as bad the whole tour as he did that night, everyone should be super happy Jeremy lent his awesome vocals.

15. AshlandATeam

Trusted

This is my favorite Alkaline Trio song.

16. latortuga

Regular

This is just too cool!