Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day – “Revolution Radio”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Sounds good but those lyrics....

3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It sounds like Green Day. Hmm..I really hope the album is more creative than these two songs.

Raku likes this.
  4. ekjohnson4

Not Hydra

Meh... Not for me.

5. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

So fucking good.

6. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

2/2, I've enjoyed both songs and really hope the rest of the album is just as good.

StoJa9 likes this.
  7. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

2/2, this pleases me greatly.

StoJa9 likes this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Not as good as Bang Bang but definitely really catchy. Both songs suffer from the same problem that the vocals are too low in the mix though

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  9. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

I got interested in this album after Rob Cavallo said it was some of BJA's best songwriting.

This just feels like teenage anarchy. Like you know when 12 year olds suddenly get political is a naive way.

Maybe it's the lyrics that are absolutely putting me off.

I just half expected the band to mature after 21st century and go more into a Springsteen Americana Rock direction for some reason and I'm bummed that never came to fruition.

Regardless of what I think of their material in recent year as. I will always go see these guys live though.

heymattrick likes this.
  10. Yeah, this is mediocre, although some of those lead lines (especially the solo) were pretty kickass. Too bad the band is not being more adventurous.

11. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

There are songs on Tre i like a lot more than the two they've released so far.

Fox83 and House Of Wolves like this.
  12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think it's OK. I like it better than Bang, Bang. I can see the chorus really growing on me. So far, nothing they've released has been earth shattering or anything.

13. Fox83

Trusted

I'm really surprised that the label would push Bang Bang as the single. I'm not saying RR is a huge step up, and it's certainly not crossover material or anything (assuming that's what Green Day even wants these days), but Bang Bang is just a really strange choice for a single. I mostly like what I've heard in terms of both songs being run-of-the-mill Green Day tunes, but neither of them really transcend beyond that.

14. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Really? I don't know about that...

15. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I guess I've grown out of Green Day, neither track is sticking for me. I enjoyed them when I listened but don't see myself actively coming back to them. That being said if Green Day is in town you can bet I'll be at that show.

Steeeve Perry and ekjohnson4 like this.
  16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think they suffer from just sounding like typical Green Day. There's just nothing that really stands about this. It's like something off of the trilogy, except not embarrassing.

Raku likes this.
  17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Enjoyed this one much more than the first. Very catchy.

18. thecobrakais

Regular

i have absolutely no problem with that. i'm hoping for a little more return to form and so far, i'm getting just what i need out of these songs. but, to each his own.

House Of Wolves likes this.
  19. Rushmore33

I don't care for the lyrics, but musically, I'm really into this. The second measure of the chorus with the minor chords rules. I like the transition from the tough intro into the melodic verses. The guitar sounds fantastic.

20. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I enjoy this direction much more than their last two album cycles. Seems much more genuine. Less forced.

House Of Wolves likes this.
  21. don't fret

Just locked down tickets to the Berkeley show...cannot wait. Saw them 11 years ago and they were incredible.

22. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Green Day playing what they do best: 3-minute barn burners with a good chorus and a kickass solo.

thecobrakais likes this.
  23. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Pretty enjoyable tune, that's it.

24. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Really like it. Seems like this will be Green Day's best music in a while. I did enjoy the Uno, Dos, Tre albums.

25. DooDooBird

Trusted

I can't really get into these two new Green Day songs. Too angsty or something.