Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Two Tongues – “Truly”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Furman

I don't like this one either...:cringe:

3. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I liked it more than I thought I would. that's gotta count for something, right?

4. Two singers whose voices I always have trouble enjoying. Makes it harder when they're together.

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

This just sounds like noise? The production is so messy

6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

After hearing these two songs I feel like if they just took these songs and got them re-recorded/mixed/mastered by someone decent they would be good songs.

Right now it's really hard to listen to. Just sounds muddy and the levels are horribly balanced. Kinda sad I've been wanting a follow-up since 2009 and this is what I got. The production was fine on their last album.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is much better than the first song they released.

angrycandy likes this.
  8. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Amazing song, terrible production... And I even usually like the less produced sound... This one sounds like even different (worse) production than the first track.

I Am Mick likes this.
  9. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I definitely like the first song more, but the production is still terrible.

10. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I actually like this a lot better than the other new song. Excited for the live show.

11. SayHello

Regular

Much, much better than the first song but the production style here makes it unlistenable. It's obvious they were going for the "low-if" sound, but sheesh, I just cannot stand it. Sounds like an early demo recorded on a cell phone.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

A repeat of everyone else, this ones better than the first. But its still not very good. Parts of it are actually cringe worthy.

13. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah better than the last melodically but Max's production choices lately are flat out awful

14. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Max needs to stop with this lo-fi recording on well written songs. I literally don't know a single person who digs that in his music, except Max himself

slimfenix182 likes this.
  15. brandon

Regular Prestigious

Hey Max if you change your mind on this whole lo-fi sound hit me up I'll gladly re-mix this for you

16. don't fret

I usually don't complain about production, but this sounds like it was recorded with walkie talkies

slimfenix182 and angrycandy like this.
  17. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

I seem to be opposite everyone else. I preferred the first song.

On the production, the youtube versions are painful. The spotify ones are an improvement but still leave a bit to be desired these days.

It seems to be an ongoing thing with Max Bemis these days.

InfiniteArms likes this.
  18. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Can someone explain how production like this actually happens? How do these guys not hear this and think "wow this sounds like shit"? Is this what they were going for? Is it a money thing? I really don't get it. This awful to the point that i can't even give an opinion on the song.

slimfenix182 and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I think I'm done with Bemis sadly. Cool that he's just doing whatever he pleases I guess lol.

schackbr and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I love it! I can easily understand why most of you would hate the production, it's really shitty and lo-fi at times, but it has some stuff which is more polished and shows contrast, it just won't be for everybody (or nearly anybody hahh, which probably is not a good thing, but I can still enjoy it as hell).

21. AutopilotYears

Regular

its definitely done on purpose... you'd have to try and make a recording sound that bad these days. i guess that's what they're going for, and good for them, shame that i completely don't agree.

i like the song, but as everyone else is saying, the production is ruining it.

22. SayHello

Regular

Is there a label releasing this? I find that hard to believe that a label exec / owner would OK this with the production being the way it is.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  23. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Equal Vision gives Max total creative control, because apparently they don't care about making money

SayHello, slimfenix182 and pauljgreco like this.
  24. SayHello

Regular

Guess not. Ha.

25. Steven Price

Ugh. I couldn't even get through the entire song. I have to echo what someone else said on here.. I may be done with max/say anything. I try not be a snob about music and the artists vision, but when something isn't good, it's just not good.

I couldn't even get through the last 2 say anything records and now this is kind of the straw the broke the camels back.

I'll always take a listen to stuff he makes out of curiosity, but I don't think I'm going to be supporting this stuff any longer monetarily

skurt likes this.