Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halfnoise Stream ‘Sudden Feeling’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Hilarious that we got a Farro album earlier this year, we get a Halfnoise album now, and there's still a tiny chance of us getting a Q4 Paramore release.

3. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I doubt new Paramore will see the light before 2017, but it's still cool, can't wait to listen to this new HalfNoise album, whereas Farro sucked hard in my opinion ;(

Awksome likes this.
  4. I was fairly pleased with Farro's record. Granted, I listened to maybe only half of it, but what I heard was really solid pop-rock. I've got much higher expectations for this, though, Zac has always been making more interesting music.

5. thecobrakais

Regular

solid and incredibly underrated.

6. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Somehow the Farro album reminded me of Relient K's "Collapsible Lung" at times, which I didn't like as well, though I also got through like a half of it too. I remembered Josh having some cool post-rock influences in Paramore's live shows, and around BNE he cited Mew, Thrice, and stuff like that, to have a lot of influence on him. And then he comes out with something like this - I was just disappointed.

Good expectations from this HalfNoise record though, I liked the new single, and everything he's put out prior.

Awksome likes this.
  7. thecobrakais

Regular

volcano crowe is one my favorite albums in the last 5 years. listening to sudden feeling right now and loving it so far.

Bartek T. likes this.
  8. Yeah, my brother got to know Josh back in the All We Know is Falling days and I'm pretty sure Josh is the person that got us into Mew and Forever Changed, maybe some other great bands, too.

9. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

yeah, that's why I hoped for something more meaningful from him ;D but maybe some other time...

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  10. The title track is the first song, ironically enough, that I don't love. This album's awesome.

11. Really the whole second half of the album fell off a bit for me, but still a great album overall.

12. Hey, I just checked out Fueling the Fire, sweet stuff! I listened to that 10 minute track, haha

13. jco3

Regular

I like "My Mind". That's a fun song.

14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Oh thanks man! You surprised me with that! :) there's going to be some new music out in autumn, which will possibly sound a bit better, seeing as we got the right person to mix it this time around :)

I'll be trying to listen through the whole HalfNoise record tonight, I'm having trouble catching up with all the premieres this past two weeks, and new Dear Hunter is out tomorrow so I'll better hurry :)

Chase Tremaine likes this.