Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ryan Adams Aiming for Fall Release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Ryan Adams will be releasing a new 11 song album on November 4th.

This fall, the singer-songwriter, 41, will return with his 16th studio album, he tells EW, and he had an embarrassment of material to choose from. So how many songs did he have written? “Quite literally 80,” he says. “Probably more!”

He’s distilled those down into a dozen or so tracks for the LP, due out Nov. 4, and he credits legendary producer Don Was (Rolling Stones, Bonnie Raitt) for some much-needed studio guidance. “I didn’t know if I knew what I was doing,” he says. “So when you’re in a situation like that, you gotta get Gandalf—you gotta call Don Was!”

2. Interesting. When I made my most-anticipated list of 2016 back in January, I had him slated for something because he'd announced in an interview alongside Taylor Swift for 1989 that he had a double-album he was sitting on. I wasn't sure if it would actually see the light of day or not, but it's awesome to hear that he's narrowed things down to what will surely be a tighter release. His s/t was fantastic.

3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I seriously can't handle all the albums coming out this fall

Bartek T. likes this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

5. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

After being the co-conspirator of Butch Walker's Stay Gold, Ryan Adams wants to do a big rock record.

Craig Manning and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  6. bloodinthesand

Regular

Seriously, I feel like j can't enjoy certain albums because there is one coming out two weeks behind it....hell, moose blood is still one of the best records of the year but I really haven't digested it because I keep getting hit with all these curve balls every two weeks

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

So so so so so happy to read this.

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

woah

9. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Woo!