Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twin Atlantic – “No Sleep” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

I really want a return to form for these gentlemen. This isn't doing much for me.

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

One of the most disappointing career progressions in a long time (for me). Vivarium was spectacular. But I guess they're moderately successful.

Justice Beaver likes this.
  4. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Exactly, they were capable of so much more, though I enjoy it but I just don't feel it as much. Still, they probably are in great form objectively, seeing as they're a much bigger band now.

5. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

And I thought Free was awesome, but felt like it "could be better" after comparing it to Vivarium. The next album after that and I started to appreciate it more hah! There are some great songs still here or there, and they're still good to see live, but yeah.

6. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

I really liked Free, too. Nothing after that, though.

7. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

Ex El is the best tune they've released off this by far

8. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I've never really talked about Twin Atlantic with anyone before, but seems like everyone's sentiment in here reflects my feelings about their progression. It takes a little edge or something different for a rock band to keep my attention, and unfortunately with each album they've lost the eccentricity from Vivarium, but they have gotten more successful, so I'm happy for them.

Bartek T. and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  9. isarealboy

These guys and Young Guns are in a battle for "biggest career drop off"

10. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

That's exactly what I've been thinking! But I guess they're both getting bigger and bigger, so it's not really a career drop off. Loved both bands albums from a few years back, and then both bands have released similar dull albums after that. This release cycle seems to continue that trend.

11. aniafc

Trusted

I think You Me At Six is the better comparison as far as a band completely shifting their musical style for the worst.

12. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well, I agree with you all, we might not like it more or less, but all of those bands got more popular with their newer albums, good for them - but that's just too bad. And at least I can still like a few songs here or there - as well as I'm telling you - it's still pretty great and vivid to see them live (as far as for TA at least).

13. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I think the more popular example of Scottish rock bands smoothing their sound but clearly achieving more popularity is Biffy Clyro, where similarly I still enjoy a few songs, but as a whole their newer albums don't do much for me. But hey, they've worked hard for years and they're huge, so good on'em!

morken and Bartek T. like this.
  14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Yeah, they're actually one of the biggest European bands right now I guess, so it's even a whole different level of it :) I do share your opinion though!