Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Of Mice & Men – “Contagious”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. GrandAce

This song represents everything about how shitty this band has become. Boring, radio rock with Austin doing primarily cleans with no hint of Aaron Pauley. This album is going to suck.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

This song sounded so much like Linkin Park it was unreal. If I hadn't of seen it was Of Mice & Men I would have said it was a new song from Linkin Park.

4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I actually thought this started off somewhat promising, and then just went downhill completely.

5. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

wish the album was full of grousome breakdowns and amazing cleans from aaron

6. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

Definitely missing albums like Restoring Force and The Flood when I hear new tracks like this.

7. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

It's so funny how much of a 180 people have turned on this band/music scene. When OMAM was starting out they got torn apart for their sound, and now that OG sound from them and their contemporaries seems to be what people are looking for from those same bands.

I'm pretty sure that people from this website predicted that this was going to ultimately be the route taken by these bands, and it's definitely happening by a ton of them.

8. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I really wish Austin didn't sound like he was doing heavier sounding vocals with a vibrating device up against his throat. How this band continues to gain fans after how awful he has sounded vocally between restoring force and this album...

9. Chinesefood

Regular

Quite possibly the worst song Austin Carlie has ever been a part of. Definitely the worst OM&M song in existence.

10. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

That's because those are two different groups of people... Pretty sure the people that hated on them 5 years ago aren't asking them to make music like their first album again.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hahah this is trash. Is there a huge market for people with shitty taste that idolize nu-metal bands from early 2000's? I'm legitimately curious.

I could stand Restoring Force but it's pretty much guaranteed that will be the last album of theirs I dig. It's a shame. First two records were pretty damn good given the genre.

12. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

The new ISSUES album debuted at 20 on the Billboard chart. So if the band is big enough I think they can at least make a mild splash on the charts with the nu-metal influences.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well that just shows the sad state of "rock" then.. Oh well.

SoundInTheSignals likes this.
  14. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah well Restoring Force debuted at like 3 when it came out

SoundInTheSignals likes this.
  15. SoundInTheSignals Aug 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 31, 2016)
    SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

Yeah. Issues debut came out that year as well and debuted at number 9 on the Billboard chart. I just brought up the most current ISSUES album because it came out this year in the current music climate. A good point that you bring up that some of these releases with these type of influences have cracked the top 10.