Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Actor Gene Wilder Passes Away

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Gene Wilder has passed away. He was 83.

Gene Wilder, who regularly stole the show in such comedic gems as “The Producers,” “Blazing Saddles,” “Young Frankenstein,” “Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” and “Stir Crazy,” died Monday at his home in Stamford, Conn. His nephew Jordan Walker-Pearlman said he died of complications from Alzheimer’s disease. He was 83.

2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

What a shit year this has been.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

This sucks, absolutely a legend. Will be watching Young Frankenstein or Blazing Saddles very soon.

4. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

So:

Talking to a friend who posted this, I mentioned to her that people will say what their favorite Gene Wilder movie was, and I told her 99% of the world would pick one of 4 movies:

Willy Wonka
    Blazing Saddles
    Young Frankenstein
    Stir Crazy

Sure, there were oodles more, but generally, would you say, those were the ones that people talk about?

5. scottlechowicz Aug 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2016)
    scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I would think The Producers would be mentioned a lot as well.

And the truth is that Wilder was not very prolific when it came to making movies. His IMDB only has like 37 listings, a considerable amount of those are TV Movies or small appearances on Will & Grace and Yo Gabba, Gabba.

But damn did he make an impression when he was on the screen. And the quartet of Wonka, Saddles, Frankenstein, and The Producers is enough to justify his place as one of the pillars of comedy.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Rest in peace to the Waco Kid :(

7. Rest in paradise :(

8. delvec19

Trusted

We lose. Good Day Sir!!

9. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." -Gene Wilder

RIP Good Sir!

10. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Was just talking about him yesterday, this is fucked R.I.P.

11. Furman

Fuck Alzheimer's. Seriously such a shitty disease. I take care of my 63yo mother who's been suffering from it nearly 10 years. Such a bummer to hear. RIP

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Rest in peace

13. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Fuck 2016 ):

14. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

2016 has been a tough year for entertainment.

15. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I read that he passed while his family sat around him singing his favorite song (somewhere over the rainbow) and that made me tear up a bit

coleslawed likes this.