Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Two Tongues Announce New Album, Stream Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Two Tongues will release their new album, Two, on October 14th. The first single, “Azalea,” is up on Apple Music and Spotify.

Track Listing

1. Azalea
    2. Truly
    3. Barcelona
    4. U.S.
    5. Scorpio
    6. S.O.S.S.O.L
    7. We Can Work
    8. Veuve Clicquot
    9. Bateman
    10. Interlude Two
    11. Black Hole

2. eboo

I liked it, better than the last Say Anything album. Sounds like it could have been on Sound the Alarm. Short album with 11 songs and three under a 2:00, however Black Hole being 9:15 it may interesting.

3. Eml182

Regular

Really digging this song - really hating the production.

4. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

My feelings 100%

5. sounds very dry and demo-ish. but i love the song.

truelovewaits likes this.
  6. Is Dave still in the band?

7. Eric

Regular

It's... Different. After first listen, I think I like it

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm pretty meh on it. Not anywhere as good as "Crawl" or the fantastic "If I Could Make You Do Things".

On a side note, I Don't Think It Is has really grown on me. It still had a lot of shortcomings but it also has a lot of underrated tracks.

9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This song is going to badass live.

10. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

production is actual pooh.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  11. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

This is so bad :cringe:

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  12. meekers

Eek.

13. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

You know, I've thought most of Max's work over the past several years has been treated way too harshly. I didn't like IDTII and I listened to this and finally agreed that maybe he's lost it. Now I'm listening to IDTII again and I actually like it a lot more. That said, the lo-fi sound or whatever he's been going for just sounds straight up bad.

14. The Format

Regular

Not bad.

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I had completely written this off because it was supposed to come out last fall and never did. Figured it just wasn't going to happen.

16. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

According to Chris, the album was recorded by just him and Max in Max's garage. Chris even played drums on the whole album.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  18. caseyaylward

It's clear to me that Max's new aesthetic is lo-fi production. Doesn't mean the song is bad. In fact, the vocals sounds great. Everything sounds great, just not the drums. We're used to the output of SA & STD (aside from IDTIS) and it's very polished and clear. This was obviously a CLEAR decision on both of their parts, and I will no longer judge it based on production, even though the first record sounded flawless. So once I'm over that, I give this two thumbs up. Chris's vocal pattern is sick. Does that guy run out of ideas or lyrics!?

19. dorfmac

Trusted

Chris vocals during verses just kind of drones on. Overall it doesn't sound very polished, which I think is necessary for everything they have going on in this song. Without the polish, things start to just blend together...

20. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Production is trash. Doesn't really sound like the first album, which is okay. Wanting to hear more from this album but that's not very alluring as an opening track.

21. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Always so polarizing lol, I like it a lot

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  22. xburningcoffin

KC

According to the promotional picture he is

23. SchlongConnery Aug 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 27, 2016)
    SchlongConnery

Newbie Prestigious

This song is like black licorice. It's bad and everyone knows it's bad and the people who say it isn't are lying to themselves.

natefoundglory likes this.
  24. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds awful. I don't really have any hope for anything Max does anything, but maybe this will make me go back and check out of more of Save the Day's stuff haha

25. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Production is erk, but I do like the song.