Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New and Biffy Clyro Announce UK Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brand New and Biffy Clyro have announced an arena UK tour. The dates can be found below.

NOVEMBER 29 – GLASGOW Hydro
    NOVEMBER 30 – ABERDEEN OIl & Gas Arena
    DECEMBER 02 – NEWCASTLE Metro Radio Arena
    DECEMBER 03 – MANCHESTER Arena
    DECEMBER 04 – LEEDS First Direct Arena
    DECEMBER 06 – CARDIFF Motorpoint Arena
    DECEMBER 07 – BIRMINGHAM BCA
    DECEMBER 08 – LONDON O2

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I really wanna see Brand New again, but O2 arena sucks and a support set for that price doesn't seem worth it.

3. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Biffy Clyro is so damn fantastic.

4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Two weird tours that don't seem like they would be promoting an album on...

5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Thats incredible

6. defmytones

Regular

Who?

7. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i'm guessing Brand New is the opener. really cool tour

8. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

FUCK OFF - how do we not get this tour?

I mean...Biffy would be as big as Muse if Warner Bros USA knew what the fuck they were doing. The band is an absolute monster live, with a deep discography of titanic hits. FFS, Fall Out Boy opened for them THIS YEAR. That's how big they are across the pond.

TrailerParkJesus likes this.
  9. aniafc

Trusted

4 years ago or so I saw them play in front of 300 people. I went with a friend who had an extra ticket and I didn't know who they were. Needless to say when I looked them up and the crowds they played to in the UK I was like holy shit.

These guys should be just as big here.

10. LCT Music

Regular Supporter

Two of the best live bands I've ever seen are playing together.
    Why don't I live in the UK?
    Or anywhere decent for bands to come. My bad for living in New Zealand..

11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'd never heard of Billy Clyro but from what I've read over the past day and a half, they've got street cred

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Definitely worth looking into. I think it's the Scottish accent Simon (their vocalist) sings in that stops them being bigger outside the UK. Puzzle is a good place to start, or opposites if you want a bit more to listen to.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Should I be embarrassed that I have NO clue who Biffy Clyro is?

And they're bigger than Brand New?

14. Connor

Not if your from the states.... The U.K. Probably

15. Jamie Dagg

They're a huge band over here, like top-tier arena level, and I think it's the same in most of western Europe. Outside of that they're pretty unknown. Still worth a listen though!

16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

It's so interesting to me that, even with how much social media and the Internet in general has linked us all together, a situation like this can still exist. I guess in my ignorance I assumed that once a band reached a certain point in popularity nowadays, they immediately and automatically crossed over. But then, there are Canadian bands that I thought were massive in America, only to discover recently that Canadian radio is in fact it's own thing. It makes me wonder about how many bands I must be missing out on. I need to get out more...

Roadsgeek likes this.
  17. Jamie Dagg

Completely easily done man, makes you wonder what kind of stuff we miss out on day to day. US bands seem to blow up everywhere if they blow up, same with most UK artists but not a lot. I went to a Spanish festival last month and it blew my mind how big crowds were for bands I'd never even heard of.

18. Connor

Yeah I like them a lot, I was just telling the other dude that unless he is from across the pond from the states he shouldn't feel too embarrassed to not know who they are!

19. punkzilla84

Such a weird tour even over here in the uk, i definitely would of thought brand new would headline, but Biffy have blown up over their last 3 records.

I remember seeing them play the super tiny Fez bar in reading the crowd must of been 150 people, when i was 18 which is incredible when you see their crowds now.

If your looking to get into them for me the first 2 records are firmly based in that classic British ego scene along with copper pot journals, and hell is for heroes, and aerogramme, 3rd album infinity land is super mathy and puzzle their 4th records is their breakout record where they started getting popular in the uk.

Only revolutions i would say is their most accessible record every song is a singalong club banger. Unfortunately for me thats where they trail off as opposites was a weird double album, and the new one i just didn't like very much.

Few other times i saw them play at brixton academy, with manchester orchestra as support, and when they played a stripped down acoustic slot supporting sunny day real estate. After they finished i looked around the gig and behind me was the whole band watching sunny's set in the crowd.

I love the scottish twang of his voice, and i would highly recommend getting into them and also see them live as they are phenomenal.

20. Clark

@yttebkralc Prestigious

They came up at the same time as bands like Taking Back Sunday. You might've heard one of their songs, "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows," on MTV2 or Fuse back in the day.

Jake W and natefoundglory like this.
  21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'm listening to a Biffy Clyro song for the first time now (Howl) and I really like this guy's accent. I wasn't expecting them to be so chewy and poppy, but I'm digging it. I'm seeing in the comments that this isn't the kind of thing they amassed a fan base with though? Interesting. I'll check out some more stuff.

Also, I now realize I called them Billy Clyro in a previous post and I apologize

22. Jamie Dagg Aug 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 27, 2016)
    Jamie Dagg

Yeah Howl is definitely one of their more poppy ones. They do have a few like that, but as someone above said they started off making mathier stuff. Of the more recent albums, That Golden Rule and Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies are probably their best in my opinion.

23. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Kinda randomly thrown together, no?