Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lorde Working on New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Lorde’s new album is written and currently in the production stages. Because the internet is, well, the internet … we learned this after a “fan” posted on Lorde’s Instagram page asking, “Do you think we will ever get another album or should we just give up on you as an artist?” Lorde then responded:

give up on me if you want to! I’m an artist, I write a record when I have enough special stories to tell, and it’s all me, every melody every lyric, not some team who just start the machine up every eighteen months like clockwork. the record is written, we’re in the production stages now. I’ve worked like a dog for a year making this thing great for you guys

It’s only been three years since the last one. Try being a Brand New fan.

2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Very excited for this.

Christian Romero and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Pure Heroine is my favorite pop record of the 2010's so far. I really hope this record can retain that magic. This instant gratification that is demanded in the music industry can be so awful sometimes. I'd much rather have something she is comfortable with releasing than a record to stay relevant pushed by a record label. It also takes a lot if nerve to say that to someone who is obviously working really hard. She has been nothing but great to fans in my personal experience.

Carmensaopaulo and MrAirplane like this.
  4. Awksome

Regular

Hell. Yes.

5. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Her response was brilliant and I had the same thought of "try being a Brand New fan".

I wasn't exactly a fan of her when she was dominating the charts, it felt like her singles were overplayed but my niece begged me to take her to Boston to see her perform at Boston Calling and her performance was incredible. As soon as I got home I purchased the album and loved it especially Buzzcut Season.

6. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Really enjoyed her first record and I'm fully prepared to hear this one. I did think it was a little long between records, only from a marketing perspective. She was riding high after her debut and following it up with something that couldn't keep up would have been a much bigger disaster than waiting the 3 years.

7. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Love her response. I'm looking forward to new music from her, she's one of my favorite pop artists out there.

8. Jim186

From the very first time I gave it a full listen, Pure Heroine has been one of my favorite albums of all-time. She is a melodic genius. It's quite uplifting at times, very dark at others, but every single song is consistent and holds a purpose, and I honestly can't believe that a 17 year old wrote most of those lyrics. The final track on that album is really something special.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  9. DearCory

Regular

It will be very interesting to see where this album goes. She's been working with Jack Antonoff on it (per both of their constant updates) and she's definitely not in the same place she was when she wrote Pure Heroine. She's not really an outside anymore... she's part of Taylor's Squad.

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Fantastic response. Looking forward to this.

11. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

hope it comes out first quarter next year at least! hell, it's been 4 years since channel ORANGE came out and Frank only just now released his new record and THAT felt like forever.
    the singles she's released in the interim (Yellow Flicker Beat, Magnets) have made the wait more bearable

12. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I feel like her response was restrained in the name of being polite to a fan she's never spoken to before after being asked this question a lot this year (that's me trying to read in between the lines). She seems so professional. I'm stoked for the album and 100% willing to wait.

CMilliken likes this.
  13. CMilliken

Trusted

I would like a new one too but 3 years is pretty common. People feel so entitled to new music from artists. I'd rather have 1 amazing album every 5 years than subpar ones every other year. Excited for this one.

14. Eric

Regular

Instant gratification? Three years is a long time between albums for a mainstream artist (unless you're Adele, I suppose). I loved Pure Heroine when it came out but probably haven't listened to it in a year or so. Hopefully I and the general public still care enough whenever she releases her album.

15. Three years is basically the standard.

16. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I've always thought 2 years was most typical and therefore the standard and three years is common enough where it isn't considered "a long time," but I also think the expectations are different depending on the genre and the band. No one expects Frank Ocean to release an album in 2018, but fans were giving Pvris shit for not releasing an album a year and a half after White Noise.

17. ARo24

Regular

Pumped. Her response ruled too.