Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andrew McMahon Hoping to Get a Record Out Early Next Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. notbrokejustbent

Stoked. AMITW is still a great fall/winter record. Some great songs on there.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  3. AutopilotYears

Regular

he posted on his instagram the other day that he was filming a music video for Fire Escape so i'm assuming that's the single and the video that will be coming out.

can't wait, the live videos of the song were great and everything he does is fantastic

4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Excited to hear the new single/the direction of the new record. Last one was great!

5. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I liked Fire Escape on the summer tour, and the first In the Wilderness record was great so looking forward to this for sure

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I thought fire escape was already released?

7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I wondered if he would release something this year or next. I guess this post answers that question!

8. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

This is AWESOME news.

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'll forever be excited for anything new this man puts out.

10. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Fire Escape is so catchy he should hopefully have another hit a la Cecilia

11. JohnR831

Regular

So excited! I'm glad his last album was so successful, especially on the radio. It took "Dark Blue" until a couple of years ago to be certified gold, then "Cecilia" was certified gold. Hopefully his next endeavor truly puts him over the edge of being mainstream. I know that's what he's been working toward, and it would make me really happy for him if he achieves it. Really looking forward to the next album!

12. SayHello

Regular

Living up to Cecilia / Canyon Moon / High Dive is going to be an incredibly tall task. All were commercially successful, especially Cecilia. With that being said, it did take months for those songs to take off - hope he can strike gold again, and maybe more instantly? He's one of my favorites.

13. aniafc

Trusted

Can't believe it's been almost two years since the first AMITW came out.

Really excited for this. I second the notion of everyone who says they'll support anything this guy does. He can't go wrong.

14. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Great news. Can't wait to hear some new music from him.

15. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

the stuff hes been playing live on the panic tour is fire

16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Fantastic news. Ready for this.

17. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

andrew is the best and i am sure whatever he puts out next will also be the best

18. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

Echoing everyone's sentiments. Excited.

19. 182 Jack Mannequins

McMahon's music has always been the soundtrack to my autumns. Can't wait for the new single to officially drop.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.