Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travis Barker Talks Tattoos and Pain

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

GQ has an extensive profile on Travis Barker of Blink-182. This passage about the possibility of a Box Car Racer reunion sure is interesting:

I think we were both under the impression in the beginning that it was going to be a Blink album. Then it was like, no let’s do this cool little side project, but we won’t put an album out. Then the label heard it and wanted to put it out. Then there wasn’t going to be a tour, but they were like ah, you can do this tour. It just spiraled out of control. . . But I don’t know. [Mark’s] not in the band, so would it cause a lot of problems? Would it not? I have no idea. It’s something I can’t even wrap my head around just because I’m so proud of this album that we’re currently supporting. But I love Box Car. It was a cool album and cool sound.

2. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

I mean, I supppppose I'd be okkkkay with a second album

3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Box Car Racer is better than pretty much 80% of blink albums

coleslawed and morte like this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

A second Box Car Racer album would have been good in 2004 or something. I have no faith that Tom can make a worthy followup to that album

Tylar and Serenity Now like this.
  5. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I fucking love that Box Car Racer album. I'd much rather have a tour then a 2nd album. I think a second BCR album would just be the same as the xth AvA album.

6. john343

Weird, I read about this last night. Tom retweeted this:

and wrote "Hmmmmm...." or something like that. I guess he deleted the tweet though? Can't find it anymore.

Edit: Oh, I just looked back at the article and they have a screen capture of the deleted tweet.

7. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

I'm still waiting for that acoustic WDNTW album.

8. kiguel182

Regular

I would be up for it. But man, the relationships between Blink members are weird now. Travis seems to be okay with Tom but Mark doesn't. And since Box Car kinda strained their relationship back in the day I'm not sure it's such a great idea.

9. tomtom94

Trusted

To be fair when the news that Tom was being kicked out first broke, Travis was the one saying "why Blink ever got back together in the first place is questionable" while Mark seemed a bit more reasonable.

I don't see this happening. Tom is just teasing like he always does. Especially since Travis was only in BCR because Tom didn't want a studio drummer.

10. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

No faith in a quality follow up either.

Why Travis would say things like that in a public interview is perplexing...but maybe he's already discussed it with Mark?

Would just be weird to be Mark and have to read this for the first time and be in the same boat as the rest of us.

11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah, that part of the interview definitely raised an eyebrow (although I wish interviewers would stop asking about it), the relationship between these three guys is just weird at this point. Regardless, I'm happy that Travis and Tom seemed to have remained friendly with each other.

12. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I can't find myself ever getting behind a TD project with all the crap he's pulled

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  13. SnarlingandStarryEyed

I agree, which sucks because I still love that BCR album front to back. It was definitely worth trying a sophomore.

14. mynamesgeneric

Regular

This very much read like a polite "fuck you, why are you asking me about Boxcar? lets talk about the new album."

15. morte

Regular

Boxcar and the 2004 Untitled album are my favorite 2 blink-related albums.
    I would love to hear some old-school Tom with Travis again.

16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

2003 I suppose ;D I'd second that opinion! Though I liked much more of it as well. I'd love to hear a follow-up, but there's no way it would sound right.

I recall a bit of a different scenario from Travis's autobiography, he nearly credited himself for getting Tom into this kind of music that they would later start rehearse for fun, and the name BCR was also one of Barker's old band names or something.

17. tomtom94

Trusted

I'm just going off Tom's words:

Then again, it is Tom...

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

yeah I just watched the documentary yesterday, and I got that as well - however, it still makes sense, Travis could have shared some music with him etc., but would still not be taken into account as far as forming a new band goes, obviously there was too much drama around it, so we won't be able to tell how it really happened in time - probably just a few normal steps, we don't really need to know, but I'm sure Travis had to be excited about the project as well back then.