Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Ocean Releases ‘Blonde’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Excited to hear this

3. Men are indeed crying

I'm so confused about what's happening. Slash not happening.

4. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I liked Nikes. Probably going to wait for it to come off exclusive since I cancelled Apple Music.

5. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Wow. This is so, so good.

6. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Can't wait for this. Official tracklist different to Apple Music? He'd mentioned he made two versions

7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Isn't it "Blond"?

8. DearCory

Regular

Blonde is the zine version, while Blond is the Apple Music version.

Hoping Apple ends up carrying/selling the zines in store as it was originally speculated

coleslawed likes this.
  9. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

This is pretty awesome. I think it lived up to the hype.

10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I've just bought it off iTunes (UK) and it's titled 'Blonde', while the huge letters on the artwork clearly state 'Blond'. Is there some sort of other version like that guy two posts up stated?

11. DearCory

Regular

After reading some more, I just it's going to be written as "Blonde" on everything except the album art, its being stylized as "Blond"

Blonde is feminine/ Blond is masculine versions of the word... so I guess (and according to the Super Frank fans) it is done this way to represent both sides of Frank... the masculine and feminine sides

beachdude42 and PandaBear! like this.
  12. goation

Regular

I've never listened to Frank Ocean before, but I just saw the video for Nikes. Am I missing something? I know a lot of people listen to extremely minimalistic music but I mean, I don't get the praise. What is this?

13. DearCory

Regular

Nikes definitely isn't the best place to start with him... especially with the first half of the song being the way it is. I'd say check out Channel Orange to get a good taste. Blonde is very much an evolution from his first album. Instead of sticking to the typical song structure on Blonde he throws caution to the wind and wears his heart on his sleeve (perfect example is Self Control)

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

cd is cool