Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Oasis – “D’You Know What I Mean?” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Oasis have released a new reworked video for “D’You Know What I Mean?” — the song comes from the upcoming reissue of Be Here Now.

From the director:

Back in those heady days we shot the video on beautiful looking 35mm film, then the height of movie making technology, just like it was a feature film. Shooting like that today would be unthinkable for a music video of this scale, film simply costs too much compared with digital cameras for all but the most extravagant projects. We also had the help of The British Army who cleverly saw it as the perfect recruitment drive, though questions were later asked in the House of Commons concerning the British taxpayers helping Oasis make music videos!

We were also shooting at the location where Stanley Kubrick made the movie ‘Full Metal Jacket’ complete with bombed out buildings which was private land so we could do whatever we wanted, despite the police and London City Airport threatening to shut us down at any moment.

The 35mm film from the original shoot had been stored safely in the Oasis archive, which meant we could go back to the original film to re-master and recreate the video. This was the film equivalent of finding the band’s long lost studio master tapes in pristine condition. During the process of re-editing we discovered even more powerful performance moments from the band, more epic helicopter shots and a new pacing with greater drama and energy than before.”

2. ReiAndCoke

I remember when I first heard this song. I had such high expectations and it was a colossal let down. "Don't Go Away" was still a jam off that album.

3. DooDooBird

Trusted

If I'm not mistaken "D'You Know What I Mean" was the lead single from this album and I never understood why. Song was boring. Especially coming off the heels of "Champagne Supernova" and "Don't Look Back In Anger".

Also, "Don't Go Away" was a far better single than this one. Be Here Now actually had a handful of tracks that were vastly superior to "D'You Know What I Mean?"

4. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Yup it was the first signle off of the album. Definitely not a track I go back to alot but the other songs on the single, Stay Young and Angel Child, are actually pretty good.

5. morte

Regular

Fade In-Out is an awesome song without the 2 min intro and the 1 min outro.
    In fact I could enjoy this album much more stripping it down a little bit.

6. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Yes thats a good one. I also like My Big Mouth. Stand By Me could have better but its just too long like a bunch of songs on the album.