Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Goodbye, Weatherbox

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Dylan Andersen, writing on Medium, saying goodbye to Weatherbox:

Weatherbox is quite frankly, the most underrated rock band I have ever had the privilege of listening to and getting to see live. Period. They are so criminally underrated that it angers, frustrates, and even saddens me to see them go out this way. The sales/response to Flies in All Directions was clearly not wanted the label — Triple Crown Records — or the band wanted to see, but it was still some of the band’s best work to date.

Augustus Jordal likes this.
  2. maxracer

i wonder

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the band has never said they're actually done for good so. show is even being advertised as a "goodbye for now" show

KidLightning likes this.
  4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Guess I didn't know he was hanging it up, which is probably the whole point. Loved Flies in All Directions.

"You heard we were a good band; well, you didn’t hear it from us." sums it all up nicely I think.

Aaron Mook, Dan O'Neill and latortuga like this.
  5. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I'm bummed

6. xburningcoffin

KC

I hadn't heard the news until this post. I, for one, am devastated by this news. Hopefully, they continue on at some point because they made some of my favorite music of the last decade or so. Please come back!

7. ian acree

Somebody needs to tell Dylan about that typo '...Flies in All Directions was clearly not wanted the label — Triple Crown Records — or the band wanted to see, but it was still some of the band’s best work to date.'

8. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

Wouldn't know weatherbox had Dylan not introduced them to me two summers ago. Go Weatherbox. Go Dylan.

9. oxeneers

Fixed that. Thanks.

Wish I could've introduced them to everyone I know. Gonna miss these guys bad.

10. ian acree

No problem. Glad I could be of help.

11. mattylikesfilms Aug 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2016)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm so incredibly bummed out right now. Been pulling for Brian for like a decade now. Hoping he signs to a solid indie that properly markets him/a new record and gets him on bigger tours for better exposure. I would be following any little piece of news I could find online and waiting so (im)patiently for a follow up to the Rattle EP and then finally Flies was announced! After bugging the manager about the new record for a year, it was finally a real thing coming. I was so incredibly excited about that and Brian signing to TC/FG then right after Flies- things went downhill. Brian had to bail on the biggest tour he's had in a while (supporting Finch) because of personal health reasons and now this. I'm pretty sure if he was taken out on tours supporting Manchester for example, he would gain a lot more fans.

It really just sucks to see one of your favorite artists having a constant struggle for years to climb up. Staying forever underrated. I always supported Box, buying all merch and vinyl so at least I know I did my part :tear:

Here's to hoping Brian brings Box back in two years with a new record.

Dan O'Neill and Bryan Diem like this.
  12. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

They arent done forever, as far as I know. So not sure what this article's on about.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well it's hard to say because some posts make it sound like a break and others make it sound infinite. I'm sure Brian has no idea if Box will ever come back and that thought straight up breaks my heart. He deserved so much more success than he ever got.

14. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

"Criminally Underrated" nails Weatherbox perfectly. These dudes have consistently put out brilliant records.

15. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

@oxeneers "The performance of TCD favorite, “The Dreams”, is a perfect example of how energetic the group was in 2013." Just letting ya know The Dreams is from American Art not TCD haha

16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Almost skipped their show two years ago with Dikembe because I was catastrophically hungover and had just helped a friend move apartments all day. For both bands, so glad I didn't, but that was the only time I've seen Weatherbox and loved it. Need to check out more of their pre-Flies in All Directions catalogue.

Dan O'Neill and mattylikesfilms like this.
  17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Check out "Big News" and "My Head" if you haven't yet!

Bryan Diem likes this.
  18. oxeneers

Haha, of course. Obviously didn't read through to revise at all. Was not planning on many people to read it. Thank you though.

19. bennjeff

Regular

Hopefully this isn't the end for these guys. I feel like they should have been much bigger than they were/are. I saw them on tour opening for Bad Books on the tour that their AudioTree session was recorded and they were so amazing. Hopefully they will be back so I can see them again. Here's to hoping

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  20. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Never got to see them live, but I love this damn band. Hope they come back again soon.

21. SayHello

Regular

Hey, I was quoted in this well-written piece. That was nice to see. So sad that this band is taking a break or going on hiatus or whatever. Everything they've released means so much to me. And again, all of you that missed out of seeing them live, I sincerely feel for you - Weatherbox was one of the best live bands I have ever witnessed.

22. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

sad to hear. American Art is a favorite of mine.

23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

TCD is unlike any other, but everything Brian did was amazing. Glad I saw them recently for the first time. Loved them dearly since I first heard AA on purevolume forever ago. biggest RIP in peace of all time

24. Saephon

Regular

Fuck. I've been listening to them a lot lately for some reason, and it's totally true. Weatherbox is a criminally underrated and underknown band. I thought Flies In All Directions was amazing.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

:brokenheart::brokenheart::brokenheart::brokenheart::brokenheart::brokenheart::brokenheart::brokenheart::brokenheart: