Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years Announce New Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Wonder Years will be heading out on tour with Real Friends, Knuckle Puck, and Moose Blood. The tour dates can be found below.

10/15 – Park Street Saloon – Columbus, OH
    10/16 – Anthology – Rochester, New York
    10/18 – Sherman Theater – Stroudsburg, PA
    10/19 – Starland Ballroom – Sayreville, NJ
    10/21 – Rams Head – Baltimore, MD
    10/22 – Webster Hall – New York, NY
    10/23 – Webster Hall – New York, NY
    10/24 – The Phoenix Concert Theatre – Toronto, ON
    10/26 – Agora Theatre – Cleveland, OH
    10/27 – Royal Oak Music Theatre – Royal Oak, MI
    10/28 – Pop’s – Sauget, IL
    10/29 – The Granada – Lawrence, Kansas
    11/1 – Crystal Ballroom – Portland, OR
    11/2 – The Showbox – Seattle, WA
    11/4 – Ace of Spades – Sacramento, CA
    11/5 – SOMA – San Diego, CA
    11/6 – The Fonda Theatre – Los Angeles, CA
    11/8 – Brooklyn Bowl – Las Vegas, NV
    11/9 – The Marquee Theatre – Tempe, AZ
    11/11 – House of Blues – Dallas, TX
    11/12 – Alamo City Music Hall – San Antonio, TX
    11/13 – House of Blues – Houston, TX
    11/15 – The Cannery Ballroom – Nashville, TN
    11/16 – The Masquerade – Atlanta, GA
    11/17 – The Ritz Ybor – Tampa, FL
    11/18 – Revolution – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    11/19 – Maverick’s Live – Jacksonville, FL
    11/20 – Amos’ Southend – Charlotte, NC
    11/22 – House of Blues – Boston, MA
    11/23 – The Fillmore – Philadelphia, PA

2. CheapPop

Regular

What a line up. I'll for sure be at the Philly show.

3. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

See you in Stroudsburg.

I love it when shows are like 5 minutes from my house.

4. Tylar

Nice lineup! It's also interesting that TWY played the Showbox the same time last year(on Halloween). It was also the second to last time I would see MCS, but I didn't know that then :/

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Not a fan of any of the openers but Moose Blood, but I gotta go see my boys.

6. CMilliken

Trusted

Epic lineup. Wish they were stopping in SLC.

7. noKings

Regular

Let's go.

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, what a tour. Wish there was something closer to me.

9. aniafc

Trusted

Weird that these guys went from a 1700 cap venue in Columbus to an 800 cap venue.

Should be fun either way

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I'll be at the Rochester show!

TDenverFan and btr like this.
  11. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Haven't been able to get into any of these 2nd new wave of pop punk bands. Wish TWY would branch out a little more as far as their support goes. Maybe a band like pinegrove, basement, foxing, TWIABP, Joyce manor, hotelier, etc.

hypernights. likes this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'd say that Knuckle Puck and Moose Blood are branching out a bit and wouldn't put them under the same umbrella as RF, TSSF and ND. I'd love for pinegrove to be there instead of RF, thatd be perfect.

13. Turkeylegz

Trusted

As someone who loves to scream along to Real Friends in the car, they've never really done it for me live and I don't know why.
    I've only seen moose blood in the acoustic tent at Warped so I'm thrilled they are on this tour

14. John

Trusted Prestigious

couldn't make MB's Philly show, so this is pretty great.

15. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

seems like they are purposefully playing smaller rooms than they could be playing. this tour could sell out PlayStation Theater in NYC for example but instead they get two Webster dates.

another solid headlining bill for TWY! always a true treat to see them play.

16. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Just curious, how has NCTH aged for you?

17. Yeah, I'm so done with seeing Real Friends on bills that I would otherwise be into. I like all the other bands, although I hope Moose Blood doesn't play a ton of new songs because Blush is a snoozefest. KP needs new material as well. That last Seaway record is still one of the single most fun pop punk albums I've ever heard, so they should put on a good show (minus whatever weirdness about misogyny they got tied up in, I can't remember the details but I remember it being not great).

Turkeylegz likes this.
  18. aniafc

Trusted

I thought Blush was great. Time will tell how it ages in comparison to their debut and which I'll ultimately like more.

Also the last Real Friends album was a little better than I thought it'd be. But not great.

19. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

They are playing a venue in Portland that's 2 and a half times the size of the venue they normally headline here. Interesting to hear other cities getting smaller venues while Portland gets a much bigger venue. There is no way this gets even close to selling out here though. Stoked that this is at the Crystal as its the best big club venue in Portland and will make for a comfortable environment for such an exausting show since it will be 2/3 full at most.

20. DearCory

Regular

Very excited for this. Have been a TWY fan for a long time, but have never been able to see them live (it's seriously been the most discouraging thing... every time they played near me, there was a legitimate reason I couldn't go. Even my wife who jokes around about me going to "too many shows" was like "oh no, you gotta go to this one!!!")

Also Real Friends new album really struck a chord with me, so I'm looking forward to seeing them.... plus what I've heard from Moose Blood has been good. Really looking forward to all of this!

(Plus the Atlanta show is three days before Yellowcard plays the same venue on their farewell tour.... it's gonna be a rough week)

21. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

With a 5 band bill like this, how do any of the artists get a meaningful set in? Are the shows 4-5 hours long?

22. sawhney[rusted]2

I'm guessing 20-25 min for moose blood, 30 min for kp, 40-45 min for RF and then a 1hr 15min set from TWY. No basis for it though, just what I think the scheduling would be

23. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

I went to the last tour with Microwave, Tiny Moving Parts and letlive. Microwave played a pretty tight 30, TMP played like 30-40 (with set up and breaks was closer to 50) and letlive played for almost an hour and TWY played for just over an hour maybe.
    They played good sets for sure, but I gotta be honest and say that I would rather see one less opener and have The Wonder Years play a 90 or even (wishful thinking) 2 hour set. The only other time I get to see them is Warped Tour and that is a tragically short set. I don't know. Maybe I'm being nitpicky and unreasonable. They are definitely helping bands get some exposure when they do packed bills like this.

24. aniafc

Trusted

I would be okay with knocking off Knuckle Puck and giving TWY an extra 15-20 minutes or so

25. shawnhyphenray

Regular

One of the greatest f'n lineups ever. And they're playing at a tiny club in Rochester which is even better! Just purchased my VIP ticket!

edit: Why don't you mention Seaway in the line-up?