Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gaslight Anthem Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

The Gaslight Anthem is an American rock band from New Brunswick, New Jersey, formed in 2006. The band consists of Brian Fallon (lead vocals, guitar), Alex Rosamilia (guitar, backing vocals), Alex Levine (bass guitar, backing vocals), and Benny Horowitz (drums, percussion).

2. :heart:

CoffeeEyes17, bd007h and patrfinley like this.
  3. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Listening to Elsie right now. Brian is definitely a top 5 song writer for me.

bd007h likes this.
  4. "Like I waited on your call and made my plans to share my name" is such a heartbreaking lyric.

Craig Manning likes this.
  5. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Love these guys. Mae and Miles Davis and the Cool are two of my favorites of theirs.

6. bd007h

Brian's new solo album is :thumbup:

7. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

"Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis" is probably my favorite thing he's ever written. Just immaculate.

Slangster and troyplaysbass like this.
  8. bd007h

I thought Get Hurt was somewhat disappointing as a whole but I still dug most of it.

9. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

love.

10. Paul Beaumont

Seeing Brian tonight on his solo tour here in Birmingham. Cannot wait to check out the Horrible Crowes stuff live.

bd007h likes this.
  11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"The Backseat" is still Brian's finest accomplishment, imo.

12. Paul Beaumont

Saw Brian last night. Loved it. Even did an acoustic version of Stray Paper which is a favourite of mine from Get Hurt.

13. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Quality band. I only know Handwritten, 59 Sound, and Fallon's new solo album, but I'm looking forward to diving deeper when the time calls for it. What's the next record I should check out from them?

14. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

American Slang

beachdude42, Ben Lee and Iago like this.
  15. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Check out Fallon's other side project, The Horrible Crowes.

beachdude42, Ben Lee and Iago like this.
  16. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Any specific album?

17. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

They only have one album, Elsie. That and a live record.

Great night time music.

Iago likes this.
  18. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I still get emotional when I realize it'll be another year or two before the next Gaslight show. I saw them every few months from age 19 to 24, and it really feels like I grew up in those crowds. Every major event that occurred during those five years of my life have a Gaslight show that I associate with it. I was lucky enough to see them three times in a few weeks around the time of the hiatus, but this http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2015/terminal-5-new-york-ny-23cba8f3.html was the best I could ever ask for. I don't think I could've picked a better set myself.

There will never be another band that will affect my life to the degree these guys have.

19. Paul Beaumont

First I'd go with Senor and The Queen as it's a four track EP and every track is one of their best. Then Sink or Swim and Elsie.

20. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

At this point, I feel wrong listening to Elsie any time other than at night, haha.

21. bd007h

I'd go for Sink or Swim and then American Slang.

22. bd007h

This Charming Man's six track EP "Every Little Secret" is fantastic too.

23. mikalcheuk

Just saw Brian last night in London. Did not disappoint at all. He played a lot of songs from Elsie (apparently this is one of his first time playing Elsie songs on tour). Such a surprising treat for me because Elsie is probably my favorite from all of his projects.

One more thing: almost no one in the crowd used their phones to record videos....i am wondering if this is because the show is 18+ hence more mature and more considerate.

(I also play in a band. Check us out?
    )

24. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

On the latest Going Off Track podcast episode, their guest cancelled last minute, so Jonah and guest host/Gaslight/Bottom Feeder drummer Benny decided to talk about random topics instead. Towards the end of the episode, Benny is doing some inward looking and goes on a little rant about the hiatus. Considering we only ever hear from Brian I thought it was neat.

25. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Been really into "Get Hurt".

Jason Tate likes this.