Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Let's talk about Copeland here.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Listening to Ixora at the moment and still think it's just amazing. Can't believe what a strong comeback these guys had.

3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Trying hard to think of too many bands who came back from a break that long, that far into their career, and produced something equally remarkable. Can't be too many.

4. I still can barely believe that Ixora is real

Derek Wright likes this.
  5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Copeland and Thursday are always my go to bands when talking about perfect progression.

6. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Ixora is probably my favorite Copeland album, all around. My favorite songs come from YAMS and IM though. Reallllly hope they actually make more music. Would love to hear where they take their sound from here.

7. "Should You Return" is still maybe my favorite song, just the most beautiful thing in the world. "Erase" is up there as well, I'll never forget walking through oxford listening to that song/the album

8. CoffeeEyes17

Let me run through the discog and I'll do a fav songs list

For sure "When Paula Sparks" will be my number one for sentimental/emotional/sappy reasons

austindavispdx likes this.
  9. SpyKi

"Erase"
    "California"
    "Love Affair"

top three. Love all five albums so much.

10. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

"Erase"
    "You Have My Attention"
    "No One Really Wins"
    "When Paula Sparks"
    "In Her Arms"

Is my current top 5

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  11. Coffee is my favorite from BMT I'm kind of a weirdo.

bodkins likes this.
  12. CoffeeEyes17

This is a good list Craig

13. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Thanks friend. Their music being off Apple Music right now is giving me migraines. Forget and Not Slow Down from Relient K is off too, and for some reason it's not letting me sink either that or In Motion to my phone for offline play as a result and I'm getting antsy.

14. SpyKi

It's up there for me too. I've never really liked "When Paula Sparks" honestly.

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I never care to listen to BMT, not very good especially compared to the rest. Decent sign of what's to come though

16. CoffeeEyes17

BMT feel like their Full Collapse in that it's fine, it's a good debut, but they progressed so much beyond it that it kind of eclipses it.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  17. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Nah same.

18. SpyKi

yeah it's easily their weakest in every way but I still think the majority of it is great.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  19. CoffeeEyes17

20. CoffeeEyes17

You got 17 coffee flavors in your eye fam

21. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

At their show in Cambridge last year the mentioned the possibility of a late spring tour. They've been pretty quiet though, so my hope for it happening is fading... Man I love these guys. I hope we hear more music from them, but ixora would be a pretty solid way to go out.

Still need to give my twin vinyl a spin...

22. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Mad at myself for missing out on the tour last year.

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

When I saw them on the tour with Eisley, I asked about new music etc and the response from Aaron was that they "weren't done with the Ixora cyle yet, but were planning to make more music together indefinitely." So I wouldn't put the idea of a tour to sleep yet