Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Yellowcard are an American rock band formed in Jacksonville, Florida, in 1997 and based out of Los Angeles since 2000. They are well known for their singles "Ocean Avenue," "Only One," and "Light Up the Sky." Their music is distinctive within their genre because it features the prominent use of a violin. They have released 9 studio albums, with their most recent one, Lift a Sail, released on October 7, 2014.

Its about time to bust out Southern Air. What an album. Good mix of their poppier tracks (Here I Am Alive) their more aggressive tracks (Surface of the Sun) and their slower tracks (Ten), plus their staple pop-punk/rock songs. Some of Keys best lyrics also, and some great use of violin and drumming by LP.

2. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

YC is in my top 5 fave bands. I'm so ready for YC8.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Really looking forward to the next record. Paper Walls is the only one I'm not totally fond of, and it still has some really solid tunes.

AelNire likes this.
  4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm in the same boat but I'm also in the minority when it comes to LAS.

5. Lights and Sounds is my favorite Yellowcard record. I know I'm in the minority there.

mattylikesfilms and AelNire like this.
  6. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I don't think I listened to When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes in its entirety, but "Hang You Up" immediately takes me back to a very specific time period in an almost bizarre way. Never over that song.

Peachfuzz, AndrewSoup and AelNire like this.
  7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm pretty sure my 1st dance at my wedding (even if that means marrying myself) will be MSK.

8. Meerkat

Can I officiate? I've been meaning to get ordained (only 2% joking here)

AelNire likes this.
  9. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I would. You've got a little while before I'm ever close to settling down. I will hold you to this just so you know.

10. Meerkat

I will hold you to it right back. All of a sudden I've had a burning desire to be ordained. I'll keep you updated on my status.

AelNire likes this.
  11. Meerkat

@AelNire I can't get the picture to attach, but I'm officially ordained. Ball's in your court

12. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

[​IMG]

Meerkat likes this.
  13. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

All I can think about is you and me driving with a Saves The Day record on, we were singing 'til our voices were goneeeeee.

It's almost Yellowcard season.

14. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Ryan Mendez posted another clip on his snapchat account with new music playing in the background.

15. KRKrummy

Formerly SanePsychotic Prestigious

I haven't gotten into a new YC album in a long time. I really liked Paper Walls, but I guess I haven't really listened to that much of them since they got back together. Maybe in a few week I'll listen to the later albums again once the weather is warmer. I can't listen to YC when it's cold out, haha.

16. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

This debate is never-ending, but I think Lights and Sounds is their best work and is best listened to during rainy, cold, or fall days. Perfect vibe.

17. Scoob

Regular

Posted this right before the forum move so just in case you haven't seen it, they uploaded this piano clip on Instagram.

18. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds lovely.

19. celluloid dreams

Regular

Lights and Sounds is their least consistent album but also contains their best work, in my opinion. It's a fascinating album in that sense. "Holly Wood Died" is my favorite Yellowcard song.

20. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Posting to follow the thread

21. Scoob Apr 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2016)
    Scoob

Regular

Do you think there's some sort of an unintentional pattern in their records or am I crazy?

OA was great, L&S was generally regarded as "meh", and then PW was freaking amazing (imo). SA was great, but LaS was generally regarded as "meh" as well. Hope YC8 blows us away.

22. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

The pattern's problem is WYTTSY

Scoob likes this.
  23. Scoob

Regular

24. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]